Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I load an .avi or mpeg file into PD7, where can I access info such as this?
NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
MPEG files
24 bits, 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
Upper Field First
(DVD-NTSC), 4:3
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 4000 kbps)
Audio data rate: 224 kbps
MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

Also, how can I customize this info when I go to actually create a dvd, instead of choosing the 4 options in PD?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Thanks. Hopefully Cyberlink will correct this either in this version or the next.
I clicked on this link and am not sure what to make of it. How will this help me find the timecode info in PD7 from an .avi file that was not captured with pd7?
I understand that. The problem is I have a lot of videos that were not captured with PD7. Regardless, it shouldn't matter what software captured the avi file because the camcorder automatically records and embeds that info digitally in the clips.
I understand what you are saying. For now I will have to play the avi file in Corel VideoStudio and read the data there and just enter it in PD. But PD SHOULD have this feature on it, and hopefully will add this to the next version or perhaps develop a patch for PD7.
Forgive me, but I don't understand. What do I do with the Title function that will allow me to see the date of a particular part of an .avi video clip?
I have read all previous posts on this issue and emailed tech support at Cyberlink. The bottom line is that unless the .avi was captured with PD7, and encoded with Rich Video, there is no way at all for PD7 to display this info. I need this feature, because I enter the date for many scenes in the timeline. I really like PD7 and have only used it for a couple weeks. Before I was using Corel VideoStudio.

Here is my suggestion for a patch for PD7 or certainly for the next future release of PD:

VideoStudio has an option to check off that displays the DV timecode info. It doesn't matter what software was used to capture the DV file. As long as the camcorder is recording this info in the data, there is no reason why PD shouldn't have an option like this as well. In my case, I capture my video with the Panasonic GS550 on miniDV tapes.

This would be a really nice feature that PD should incorporate and make an outstanding software program even better.
I am using PD7, and have an .avi file in the timeline. It was not captured with PD7. Is there a way to display the DV timecode info such as date and time? I have not figured out how to do it.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Go to: