Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hello,
understood , I will need to link my sound card to the gpu and use hdmi to send to the monitor/tv and another one to the amp .... will need to wait a little bit more before finishing the system.

Have a great day and thanks again for the help !!!
Hello,

After searching a bit i found that windows was thinking that all the programs from mediasuite 15 was from media suite 10 and left powerdvd 12. Uninstalling everything and reinsalling only media suite 15 fixed the problem.

the drive is on the fix computer ( not place inside due to watercooling system) and i use the analog to the sound system as it doesn t have any digital entry . (my monitor does but go 2 loosy speaker so....).

Thanks a lot for the answer about the sample rate, i will see alter when i will be able to build a good sound system with amp and speakers.

Just to make sure for later ,if i want to sound to be the same as the source i will need to use only HDMI ? or will the spdif work as well ?

Thank you( again) and have a great day!!!
Hello again and thank you Dave,

Here are picture about the fault i got (sorry for the quality but for some reason printscreen isnt working at that time)

As you can see on the right side i got application not found when i just double click on the drive and on the left when i right click it got PlayWithPowerDVD12.0 ....but the program has been uninstalled , registry cleaned and and nothing about it can be found (tried reinstall everything and uninstalled again)

Is there a way to remove this ?

For the other question , for some reason today when i tried resurrection of F and Berserk the input went correctly to dts-hd 5.1 so finally no problem with that.

I got a question about the output , the LPCM is normal because i go directly to my homecinema in analog because it doesnt have spdif on it. As i m not an expert with BR disk at all i wanted to know if the sample rate 48khz/16bits is normal for a blu ray or should it be higher ? ( my W setting and sound card are set to 6 channel ,192khz and 24 bits and in power dvd
output quality is with system default (6 speakers) ;output mode : i got choice between none and TrueTheater Surround , didnt check the differences yet. dynamic range compression : Full dynamic range (first choice)

Sorry for those questions.

Have a good day!
hello and thanks for the answer, I wil try to answer as I m at work at the moment.

Just found the differences , but look like I cannot upgrade from this version to the other ( or I need to upgrade PDVD12 to 17 as there is no option for the 17 i got to the ultra and not sure it will work if I take the upgrade from pdvd15/16)

For the error it just that after uninstalling PDVD12 and checking that no file are still on the computer ; W10 still try to use it if I just double click the BR disk .( still got the option to read the disk with the version 12 and this lead to an error as it s uninstalled.

my audio setting are set to 5.1 ( except for music of course) 192khz and 24 bits if I recall correctly. I got no problem reading any file and go sound when I play a BR disk . My question ( sorry can t put screenshot at the moment) is when i play the BR disk which is suppose to be 5.1 as it says on the box, the input is in 2.0 so I was wondering why it s not in 6 channel ( the output is fine as my sound card as no problem sending everything in 6 channel.
As I just bought an external BR drive that connect via usb 3 to my computer , can it be due to that? Or the disk ?
unfortunatelly I do not have anyone in my entrourage that uses BR disk so I cannot check with another BRdisk .

thank you very much and have a good day/night.
Will try to be more specific when I get out of work.
Hello,

I just bought an external BR drive ( asus ) and got the media suite with power dvd12.
I installed the program and had a lot of problem with it ( 1 000 notification of ac3 filter and lav filter while playing a blu ray )

So i decided to get the media suite for power dvd 17.

And my problems start here:

Even if i uninstall powerdvd12 and remove later the folder , my computer still think it s on and i got a lot of error and so if i click on the BR drive i just got an error and i need to manually launch powerdvd 17 and then play the disk which is anoying! (thank you for the program!!!)

i installed the 17 for the media suite but when i play a BR that have 5.1 sound (DBZ resurrection of F) , the input stays in 2.0 ( lpcm for the 2d movie and dts-hd for the 3d movie) , i cannot switch it to 5.1 for the input. ( Is it because my BR drive is external ?)

Of course i can change the output to 5.1 or more but i can do that with my sound card (asus xonar phoebus) but it stays in lpcm while if i play a movie that i ripped with my laptop( which have a BR drive as well) everything works well and it s in DTS HD or the format used.

So i wanted to know if it s normal that i m stuck with a 2.0 sound input ?

Also what can i do to remove the problem with powerdvd 12 ?

Last question , is there a difference between power dvd 17 from mediasuite ultimate and the powerdvd 17 ?

Sorry for those questions, i rarely buy software to play video (MPC-HC mostly used) and it s kind of annoying when it s not working properly after buying it.

I will be thanksfull is somebody can help me!

Have a good day!
PS: sorry for my english.

Config: i5 4670k,16gb of ram, 1080ti, asus xonar phoebus, 5.1 sound system . W10 64bits
Go to: