Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I believe the HDMI audio output is the best option to play any DRM-protected audio especially for Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray discs. This is the most simple way to set up the HD audio playback environment. But, it seems your amplifier does not support HDMI.

Once you connect speakers or amp via USB, the USB output device will be a mini and digital sound blaster that needs to handle the audio decoding. It increases the audio system's complexity, and additional audio conversion will possibly be required.

Try this:
Go to your windows audio setting, and un-tick the Dolby and DTS options in the supported format of your USB audio output (let powerdvd decode the movie audio for you but not uses the USB connected output for decoding)

Such an easy solution, thanks!
Hi, whenever I play a bluray disc I get a very loud hissing (loud static) sound instead of the actual sound. I have tried fiddling about the settings and I have also reviewed the users guide etc.

If I watch youtube through powerdvd the sound works fine, then I try and switch to disc playback (same audio settings, USB to a stereo amp, a Hegel H160) and the audio starts hissing again. DVD plyback also works fine.

If I switch to the HDMI output, and lead the audio via my TV monitor then to the Hegel via an optical cable it too works fine.

Please help me as I sold my Yamaha 4k player to use powerdvd and my bluray disc player installed in my PC.

I have run the advisor tool and my setup can run UHD. I tried installing another software trial which played bluray discs, no problems so it is powerdvd that needs some love.

Regards Mikael Borg
Go to: