Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I'm having the same problem, which started after I applied the October 25 PowerDVD 17 Ultra patch (2101). I am running Windows 10 which is up to date WITHOUT the Fall Creators build (ie all updates and patches applied with that exception) and PowerDVD worked perfectly until I applied the latest PowerDVD patch. Now PowerDVD hangs on mkv playback. The player starts but the screen remains blank and there are no controls displayed. I do hear audio. I have the latest graphics driver installed.

Clicking on the help link from within PowerDVD freezes the program for up to a minute. If I click the help buttron a second or third time (thinking that I "missed" it the first time"), PowerDVD crashes - freezes. I have to manually terminate PowerDVD and two or more PowerDVD help applications from within Task Manager.

When double-clicking an mkv file I get the PowerDVD playback screen, no contols, black area (ie no picture). Closing PoweDVD doesn't actually close the process at this point; I have to use Task Manager to terminate it.

When I open PowerDVD first and attempt playback from within PowerDVD, nothing happens; the playback window does not open and I get an hour glass icon and frozen program for up to 20 seconds or so. This also happens when I click on the help link.

Readinng through this thread and others, I note that others report that avi files open fine. I tried and can confirm this; avi playback does not appear to be affected. I have not tried playing back CD, DVD, or Blu-ray at this point.

In sum: problem appears with the latest build of PowerDVD. I'm back to using Windows 10's built in Film&TV app to playback mkv files. The older Windows Media Player also works, as does Aimersoft Media Converter's built in player.

for the solution
it is necessary to modify the authorizations of the folder PowerDVD and
to put in total control, because powerdvd does not have access to its
own file of decoding video , and suddenly powerdvd can not use its codecs to read the videos
Go to: