Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

It isn't fixed at all, the problem still remains.

Well I may have been a bit hasty in my response above.
It seemed like I'd just done an update recently, and I haven't been prompted to install any further updates, but there is indeed another update in the Application Manager dated 12th July.

Since updating I've managed to generate the remaining 9 shadow files in my current project without any issues.
Quote Fixed last update

It isn't fixed at all, the problem still remains.
I informed support that their fix does not work.

Their suggestion now is that as a workaround I edit my videos with shadow files disabled.

Why didn't I think of that, or I could just turn my computer off and then the problem also disappears.

You could also replace PD shadow files with manual lower res files for editing if that's your need and then do the file change prior to producing the final timeline. One can use FormatFactory, PD or the like to create these low res files. PD only uses CPU to generate shadow files, if you have a strong GPU, it will often save significant time with the manual approach.

Approach has been mentioned in the forums for maybe past 10 years and used by several. Often too many ongoing issues with shadow files that never really get resolved, hence a few manual workarounds. Not for everyone, but can be beneficial for some.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I was considering it the other day, I will look into it further, GPU is a 1080ti so it's not too bad.

What I should have done was copied all the shadow files before deleting them, too late now, I was confident they had it sorted.
The above actions do not fix the problem, I have just followed the advice and manually deleted hundreds of shadow files for no reason, after carrying out all the actions it generates 3 shadow files before stopping, so I am now back to square one. I tried the proposed solution twice.

I am beyond words about this now, 25gb of shadow files which took days to render now deleted!!! My patience is being severely tested by this software.

Please fix this issue ASAP.
Support has got back to me, it sounds like they are recognising the issue, but with the recommendation that I delete the shadow files it has taken me DAYS to generate!

Feel free to try this yourself.
Also, might be worth editing the title of this topic to help others better identify that it relates to shadow files, not sure if this is possible.

Suggestion: Shadow files not generating on PD365

hi Roy! Contact the assistant cyberlink and tell your problem! More ee are maybe they will decide to find the solution as soon as it's possible!

keep on touch

I will be raising the issue with the assistant.

I have 4 or 5 large projects to complete, all 4K minimum and up to 5.1K Mavic 3 Pro drone footage, some projects with approx 100 video files to edit through, so it's imperative that the shadow files are generating much quicker, or automatically without my intervention.

I left the computer running while I was out for several hours today and when I returned I could see it generated two shadow files before quitting.

I know when the files are generating because the PC's fans spin faster, when I hear them slow down I know I need to hit Alt + C to uncheck/recheck the shadow file box.

UPDATE: I have now formally reported this to the support team, awaiting response.
Are you referring to the generating of shadow files? I'm having problems with this, I import files into a project and expect the shadow files to be generating in the background but they are not, it stops after one or two.

If I uncheck then recheck the box in the options for generating shadow files it sometimes restarts it but more often it doesn't, sometimes the shadow files only generate after checking/unchecking the box several times, but only a couple of shadow files will be generated before it stops again.

Very frustrating, I didn't used to have this issue.
Go to: