Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A note of caution for anyone else considering using G-Metrix - having gotten the actual data lined up correctly (a bit of work) then manually exported each clip with the data included (a real hassle with over an hours footage) - make sure you factor in the frame real estate that gets eaten up by image stablisation in PD15.

I didn't. As soon as I started adding IS I realised I'd put the data overlays too close to the edge of the frame.

Back to square one. (Not a dig at PD, just my own inexperience.)
Quote Hi -

You'd be better off using your VIRB Edit to add your data overlays, export that file, then import into PDR for further editing.

PDR isn't equipped to do what the VIRB app does (& vice versa), especially as they're not just "subtitles" but graphics/guages etc.

Cheers - Tony

That makes sense. I'll give that a go next time; it might actually work better on a clip by clip basis as I've found Virb Edit can be only partially effective at tying up the data (or has big gaps of data more accurately.) Thanks.

I certainly wouldn't object if Cyberlink kept it in consideration for a future update or version of PDR; the ability to tie in physiological/sensor data with action cam footage is something the bigger players are doing, so to have the ability to do it all in PDR would be a selling point for a fair segment of action cam users I'd imagine.
Quote I've got a Virb action cam which records GPS, heart rate and other sensor data whilst on the go and using Virb Edit (the very limited and glitchy Garmin software) it's possible to overlay that data on the footage.

Is there a way I can achieve the same thing with PowerDirector 15? I've considered taking the edited video footage into Virb Edit and adding it there, but with a mix of stills and video - some of which didn't come from the Virb - I'm not convinced it'll work.
you could make a title with the GPS information.

You may be able to copy the information from Virb action cam and paste that information into a PD15 title.

Titles are in the Title Room ( F7 ).

It isn't summary information, it's an overlay that is synced with the video. So at any given point of the clip it displays heart rate, gradient, speed etc for the same point on the video.
I've got a Virb action cam which records GPS, heart rate and other sensor data whilst on the go and using Virb Edit (the very limited and glitchy Garmin software) it's possible to overlay that data on the footage.

Is there a way I can achieve the same thing with PowerDirector 15? I've considered taking the edited video footage into Virb Edit and adding it there, but with a mix of stills and video - some of which didn't come from the Virb - I'm not convinced it'll work.
Go to: