Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Same issue with me - tried the recommended fix but still locks me out and says trial expires in 30 days!
Hi - thanks for the reply.

I'm using the standard microsoft receiver but I removed the ehtray service in favour of intelliremote so I could emulate powerdvd 8s pop up menu command.

Sounds like powerdvd 9 hooks directly into the built in microsoft remote service and can't deal with any other options. That would be ok if I could make an intelliremote profile that activated with the plugin and mapped the menu key to "L" but as the plugin runs within media center the powerdvd app never registers as the front process ... So intelliremote never changes the profile.

Dammit - I don't want to reinstall the microsoft crap. Is it so hard for Cyberlink to change their menu command to "Ctrl+Shift+m"??

I guess the other option would be for me to dust off my programming skills and write a script for intelliremote that checks if the powerdvd plugin process is running and if it is sends "L" instead of the microsoft key command.

I'm not particularly motivated to do that right now - anyone got other options that might work?
Hi

I recently switched to PowerDVD 9 from TMT because I actually think the cyberlink MCE integration is better and so is the picture quality.

I run a core2duo with an nvidia 8600, hdmi to 52" samsung plasma. The machine permanently runs Vista media center and is a dedicated home theatre pc. There's a keyboard but it's basically only for admin and the machine is operated usually by mce remote.

One issue I seem to be having is I am unable to access blu-ray menus (top or floating) using the remote. Pressing Menu on the remote dumps me back into Vista media center and pressing info brings up the mce info menu which is pretty useless.

Am I doing something incorrect? Can people tell me their experiences?

Thanks
Go to: