Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Ron for you help.

I have captured my movie from camera with Roxio and imported it into PD6 for editing and quality is very good!!! At last!!

I have one more question.
Is it normal for PD6 to rewind tape in my video camera back and forward during capture? It looks a bit strange as this does not happen in WMM.
Hi Ron,

Do you loose quality of the picture in the process or it is the same as in your camera?

Do you use USB cable or fire wire? When I used USB PD could not see my video camera, but with fire wire it did.
Hi,
I had some success today and was able to capture part of my movie from the video camera.

I tried first tape and PD only captured 17 out of 380 intervals.

I tried second tape and PD captured 94 out of 215 intervals.

After capturing 17 and 95 intervals PD was rewinding in my camera the clip back and forward for hours before I turned it off.

Those 17 and 95 intervals did not include all clips/scenes that were recorded with my camera. It looks like PD just selected what it wanted and omitted/cut out a lot of scenes.

And I get an error message "Unable to locate timecode". I am not sure if it is important.

Is there any chance to make this software work?

Thanks
Thanks Dafydd,

I have Sony DCR-PC330E and I am using 1394 wire as it is the only one that works. Quickscan downloads some files but when I try to do capture it captures only few clips or none at all.

I have no problem downloading to MovieMaker but would like to use PD as it has better features.

Thanks for your help
Hi Dafydd,

I have the same problem as John.
I downloaded the patch but cannot install it. My computer is freezing.
It is a brand new computer with plenty of power.

PD cannot see my video camera when I use USB connection. PD can see it when I use firewire but I was reading that PD does not work with fire wire. What else can you use to connect camera to PC other then USB or fire wire?

Hala
Go to: