Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I upgraded PowerDVD 14 to PowerDVD 17 last night. The upgrade left both versions intact. I have some video files saved to my harddrive that I normally start playing by double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. PowerDVD 14 will still open and start playing the video, but PowerDVD 17 does nothing. Even if I right-click and select "open with PowerDVD 17", it will not open and start playing the video. No error message, just nothing happens. PowerDVD 17 will play DVD/BDs inserted in the optical drive.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Some sort of conflict during the upgrade?

I am reviewing the trial for 17 -- after years of not using powerdvd. i'm not at all impressed that when I double click on an ifo file, they continue to open in VLC quite nicely. I'd like to be able to at least right click and say open with powerdvd, if not change the default. I put links to the ifo files in an index folder and don't really want to have to navigate to the top folder inside of powerdvd. Not supporting this is far from showing an interest in user convenience. And the excuses below about the video_ts not being structured right? total garbage. if the structure isn't right, you give an error message with as graceful and exit as possible. jeesh.

interestingly, i had a problem in that powerdvd took over autoplay for my dvd drive without requesting my approval, which I did NOT want. I figured out how to remove that using system settings.

Now, can powerdvd please return the ability to double click on ifo files (or links)?
Go to: