Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I've got an answer from Cyberlink.

There's no way to do it. Power Dvd is programmed, so that it blurs picture automatically because otherwise it disturbs Power DVD's interface.

Thanks for the reply..

Well that makes the feature of importing your own picture/background pointless!! Why have the facility to do this only to BLUR it?? makes no sense at all!.
Anybody ?????
Quote I wanted to set an own picture as background in Power DVD 17. But all pictures (jpg.; all high resolutions) I imported are blurred at all.

How can I improve that?

I would also like an answer for this problem??
How can i save/backup my user settings for PowerDVD 16 and 17 Ultra?

How can i import user settings from PowerDVD 16 Ultra to PowerDVD 17 Ultra?

Thanks..
Hi Triffid,

The one aspect i "overlooked" was the use of the Kabylake iGPU, i just presumed the use of a dedicated Card/GPU was OK as long as it meet the required spec of HDMI 2.0a and HDCDP2.2...

I will just sit on it for the time being and see if anything eventuates in regards to external GPU,s being able to be used at a latter date.

I curreentley play 4K UHD,s with either the Oppo 203 or the Panasonic UB900, but was keen to see what powerDVD could do with the playback of 4K UHD,s.

PowerDVD 16 with the HTPC, produces a better image than either the Oppo 203 or the UB900 on STD Bluray, this is through the JVC DLA X9500 on a 143" Scope Screen.
Basically PowerDVD 17 is pointless at this moment in time!

My PC is comprised of ..Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270 MB, Intel i7-7700K CPU, 32GB ram, MSi GTX 1080 TI video Card, Pioneer BDR S11j-BK Drive.

My display is a JVC DLA X9500 Projector ..with 4K UHD HDR Source of an Oppo 203 and Panasonic UB900.

I am running PowerDVD16 Ultra for Bluray playback via my HTPC.....no complaints here.

I purchased PowerDVD 17 Ultra in anticipation of playing UHD Blurays from my HTPC.....not to be!! I cannot use the Nividia GTX1080TI for playback even though it is fully compatable with HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a.

I cannot even use the "HDR" feature of PowerDVD17 to enhance STD Bluray.... So basically PowerDVD17 has absolutley no advantage for me over PowerDVD 16!

Unless there is some way that users can utilise their graphics cards GPU ( that meet the HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a spec) for UHD Bluray playback , i dont think to many people will be needing PowerDVD17 !!
I curentley have PowerDVD 16 Ultra installed.

Can i Install PowerDVD 17 ultra and keep the existing PowerDVD Ultra 16 install.....ie have both 16 and 17 as seperates?

Thanks.
Can PowerDVD 17 upscale 1080p Blurays to 2160P output?

Thanks.
Any news on when PowerDVD 17 will be available?

Will PowerDVD 17 be able to upscale Bluray 1080p to UHD 2160p ?

Thanks.
Go to: