Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Brady,

When you right click on a converted clip in the media window of PowerDirector and select Properties, in the Audio area it says Channel: Stereo.

When I look at the same MPEG-2 clip information using the program that came with my camcorder, it says Dolby 5.1 Surround.

Like I said, my fears were unfounded. PowerDirector is converting the video flawlessly.

Clark
Hi Everyone,

I would love to see better user control over the anti-shake (image stabilization) feature of Power Director.

I would love to be able to control what area of the video image to stabilize on, amount of rotational stabilization (independent of up-down/left right), amount of zoom in I want to use or even whether to fill in the missing edges from previous/next frames.

I don't know about others on this forum, but I would be willing to pay extra for a powerful add-in with these capabilities.

Thanks,

Clark
Hi Everyone,

I just want to give a bit of an update. I had downloaded the latest Power Director patch from the website and I've been using Power Director to convert my AVCHD videos to MPEG-2.

I think the videos look great. My concern about the audio being downgraded to simple stereo was unfounded. My computer has not restarted either, so I assume that was due to the Windows update.

I use Power Director when I watch my videos on the computer because Microsoft Media Player and Sony Motion Picture Browser pause and skip when I play hi-def video, but the Power Director viewer is always clear and smooth. In hi-def, it almost seems like I'm looking out of a window rather than at my computer screen.

I had uninstalled Power DVD when I was having problems installing Power Director, but now I have to get that reinstalled and see how well it plays my video.

Thanks for all the help.

Clark
Brady,

Thanks for sending me the patch. It's been working great so far. I haven't had a ton of time to play with it, but I've been using it to convert files to MPEG-2 from AVCHD. Here are a couple of things I need to investigate further:

I started converting a large number of files overnight and in the morning the computer had restarted and only 14 of the files had been converted. There was a message informing me that Windows had installed an update that required an automatic restart of the computer, so I assume PowerDirector had nothing to do with that. I'll try it again tonight.

I see that the MPEG-2 files are in stereo, whereas the AVCHD files are in surround sound. I have to see if the stereo indication is correct.

But these are small complaints in the larger picture of having or not having the AVCHD capability.

Thanks for your kind welcome to the forum. I've been reading here for a while. I've only just recently joined so that I could post messages.

I'll continue to keep everyone informed as to my results.

Clark
Hi,

I'm having the same issues with AVCHD in that PDR crashes even when one AVCHD file is opened. Is the update to the AVCHD patch discussed in this thread available for anyone to download?

I see on the PDR patch page, there's a message stating that the AVCHD patch is being updated. I assume it has to do with this problem. Does anyone have a rough idea about when the patch will be available?

Thanks in advance.
Go to: