CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?

There were a lot of issues caused by a Windows 10 update a week ago. Microsoft issued a fix via another update. Did you try looking at the latest updates?

My issue started around 2 weeks ago, and today when I had Microsoft on the phone the tech checked for updates, I believe, and did not find any, but mainly he just wanted to sell me an Assure service contract. I will recheck for any new updates.

Thank You!!

Wanted to thank you again! I was able to get it working today after downloading the Windows update and then Right clicking PowerDirector and checking compatability issues, it says RichVideo was not installed, but now everytime I open PowerDirector I get that message,"Launch RichVideo" so I click Ok and it works, but I shouldn't have to do that each time should I??

Again THANK YOU so much. I really appreciate it. Got another tape converted today, 1 down 18 to go.

Thanks, Dwight
Quote Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?

There were a lot of issues caused by a Windows 10 update a week ago. Microsoft issued a fix via another update. Did you try looking at the latest updates?

My issue started around 2 weeks ago, and today when I had Microsoft on the phone the tech checked for updates, I believe, and did not find any, but mainly he just wanted to sell me an Assure service contract. I will recheck for any new updates.

Thank You!!

I just finished an update from Microsoft as you suggested and the flash drive will now play as it did on my PC(progress) , but Power Director still will not allow me to click on the Camcorder or TV in Capture mode as it did 2 weeks ago, so I am still stuck trying to convert 18 8mm cassette tapes to the flash drive. Will NO other Media Player work with Power Director, Or are there other options for me?

Steve, I appreciate your suggestion/help.

Thank You!!
Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?
Go to: