Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using PhotoDirector 8.

I am looking for the lens profile for the Tamron 28-300 lens.

If I try to download lens profiles thru' the software, it gives me some kind of an error message.

Can someone help me find the lens profile for this lens, that I can use with PhotoDirector 8. I believe the file extension is .pdlcp

Thanks in advance.
Thank you very much for yout time and effort, Pix and Stevek.

Have a nice day.

How will I know when the issue has been addressed and corrected by CyberLink?
It might open in some specific software, but it surely does not open in the LG Camera software (LG 360 CAM Viewer) and on Google photos.

These are the two instances where I need my 360° panoramas to retain their spherical properties.

Anyway, I think, if PhD re-exports the same exact EXIF Data that it imports, then the problem should be solved, unless there are some other factors involved.
Thanks PIX,

But that is not my experience.

Please see two 360° panoramas in my album on Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/jFF5GiJKCm6z55g97. The first one is directly from the camera and the second one is edited in PhD. The first one will behave like a sphere, but the second one goes flat.

Please also see the two metadatas attached with this post.

If I edit the photos in freeware like IrfanView or Photoscape, there is no problem. They import all metadata and export everything again. PhD seems to be doing something different.
No, I haven't asked for tech support yet. I wanted to pass it by the forum first.

Anyway, I hope the authors of the software see my posts and do something about it in the form of a patch, or a free upgrade.

I do have other software that keep the metadata. So, I am not totally helpless.

Thanks for all your help and have a nice day.
Editing brightness, contrast, saturation, noise removal and removal of some unwanted objects.

I don't have Power Director 15, but with PhotoDirector, I got Power2Go 10 Platinum. I still haven't installled it as I don't know what it is for.

Iam not talking about movies. Just stills.
Hi stevek,

I just purchased it a few days ago. So, I think I am using the latest version. It is PhotoDirector Ultra 8. Build seems to be 8.0.2303.4.

After editing, I export it, using the button on the bottom-right. If I use the save function, it saves as a png.

Trust that helps.
I shoot 360° panoramas with my LGR105 camera. They work well on-line and with the LG Panorama Viewer.

But if I have to edit them in PhotoDirector, then they cease to work as a 360° panorama. Unless there is another reason, I suppose when PhD saves the file, it does not save it with the exact same metadata.

What can I do, to make PhD save the file with the exact same metadata as the original file?

Thanks for any help.
I have just recently migrated to PhotoDirector 8 from another software, thinking that it will be superior to the one I have been using till now. But, I have noticed that:

1. The adjustment sliders etc., are docked to the left of the photo, instead of the right. Very inconvenient. Any way to change that?

2. The Global Adjustments do not have Black and White sliders, unless they are covered by Darkest and Brightest sliders.

3. In the Regional Adjustments, my previous software had a way of overlaying a colour using the brush tool. PhD does not have that. There is only so much you can do with Temperature and Tint. See attachment.

4. The Regional Adjustments also do not have a Shadows and Highlights slider. That is very useful when you edit cloudy skies.

5. While PhD has a Smart Patch Tool and a Content Aware Patch Tool, it does not have the basic Clone Tool, which you get even with freeware.

Is there a place where one can make Wish List entries on your website?

Thanks.
Thanks PIX. Much obliged.
When I save an edited photo in PhotoDirector 8, the default extension is png. I have to manually change it to jpg every time. How can I change it to jpg by default?

I have looked around in the Preferences, but it doesn't seem to offer that choice.

Help appreciated.
Go to: