Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi members,

PDR15 v2421 beta patch is now available for download.

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR161221-090/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Direct download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR15/PowerDirector_2421_GM4_Patch_Patch_VDE161213-01.exe

Release Notes :

Adds support for Nikon KeyMission 360 camera.-

Improves the compatibility of MOV video.-

Fixes the issue that font size is not applied in the Motion Tracker and Menu Designer.-

Fixes the issue that OpenCL acceleration cannot be enabled with some Intel GPUs in Windows 10.-

Fixes the crash issue when previewing Express Projects.-

Fixes the crash issue when adjusting the mask for Mosaic effect.-

Fixes the crash issue when seeking on rendered timeline.-

Fixes the issue that the mouse wheel scrolling behavior is changed when clicking on the timeline.-

Fixes the issue that the mouse cursor is broken with some GPUs when using 150% high DPI in Windows display settings.-

Fixes the issue that hardware decoding sometimes malfunctions.-

Fixes the issue that control points disappear when preview is paused in Crop & Zoom.-

Fixes the issue that Color Enhancement is disabled after backing out from the Produce page.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Will Cyberlink restore MPEG2 audio Layer 2 processing in PowerDirector 15? For some unusual reason it was removed with the update of PD15 so that MPEG2 can only be saved with Dolby Digital. The TV company I make programs for requires MPEG2 audio layer 2. For Cyberlink to remove that option from PD15 means that I spent money on an upgrade that is now useless to me. You need to add it back in a new patch/upgrade. Thanks.
Quote For some reason when I go to Produce, select MPEG2 and click on the + sign to change the audio settings, there is nothing there for changing to MPEG2 Layer 2, there is only an option for Dolby Digital.

That question was answered two days ago here in this forum. See this post for the answer: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50798.page#post_box_266793 .

You may want to try this: Produce the video in PD15. Place it in the timeline of your PD10 and produce it again with mpeg audio. Use svrt to prevent re-encoding the video. The result should be what you want.

Let us know if this fix your problem.

Thank you for letting me know. I did perform a search before starting a new topic, but didn't see anything that matched my search terms (MPEG2 audio layer 2). Anyhow, thanks for the information, and the forum link. From the looks of it I'm going to have to uninstall PD15 and go back to an earlier version. It's not fair that Cyberlink removed an important feature in an upgrade; most software companies leave legacy/backwards compatibility in their upgrades. I'm disapponited that Cyberlink isn't one of them because now it means I have to warn others not to upgrade.

Have a good evening.
I have just switched from PD10 to PD15 and when performing the very same actions as previously in the production of a program the option selections are now different.

For some reason when I go to Produce, select MPEG2 and click on the + sign to change the audio settings, there is nothing there for changing to MPEG2 Layer 2, there is only an option for Dolby Digital.

The program I am putting together is for Cable access station and they require MPEG2 Audio Layer 2 so it is my only option.

Please give me some guidance on what to do here. Thank you kindly laughing
Go to: