Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay, Figured it out..... Smh. WOW...

ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater 6 was SUCH A BREEZE Compared to PowerDVD 16... I mean this is nuts. Being that I use a small 23" 1080p monitor as the main computer viewing and tasks and my 65" 3D Smart 4K TV for watching movies played from my HTPC, this is a TON of work.... The Key was Having Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers and their "3DTV Play" program installed, as well as making the 3DTV the Primary and only TV/ Monitor "Active" dyrung attempted playback. If I didn't use the "Windows Button + P" to enable ONLY my TV, I would continue getting an HDCP error message while trying to play a 3D movie!?

Nvidia cards and drivers, although getting the job done and well, it takes way to much at this point...

Cyberlink..... You guys really need to step up the game and drop this 3DTV Play program and embed the coding for 3D playback yourselves...

3D is Far from "dead".... So if you guys want to make a lot of people happy, instead of making people go straight to stand alone 3D and 4K Blu-Ray players, drop Nvidia and Duplicate what Arcsoft has. They just stopped updating their cinavia decrypting so that we can't play newer 3D Blu-rays...

But with their TMT 6, all you have to do is install the software, set the audio and 3D TV and environment type and pop a disc in and move the player to the 3D TV and BOOM, You're watching 3D...

With your crazy software and my multi-monitor setup, to avoid the "Can't play because some of your hardware is not HDCP compatible" (when you're 3DBD Advisor says everything I have passes), I have to make my TV my "Primary", start the 3DTV Play, Engage the Nvidia Stereoscopic setting, start PDVD 16u and then wait for it all to sync up. Not to mention that the Audio was a bit off.

Never had any of this with TMT6... Thanks for making the player so nice but the hoops that one has to jump through to play 3D on a HTPC these days is like 10 steps back from last year.... WOW...

I know I'm sounding ungreatful but when I stopped by Best Buy on Friday with the family to pick out some bew 3D blu-rays to watch this weekend, I never thought that I would have to buy what I did and research what I did and setup what I did to FINALLY Watch a 3D Blu-ray on the Monday night after that...

Hope this will motivate your company to drop the hoops... Microsoft is coming out with an Xbox ONE "S" that will have Blu-ray, 3D and 4K all enabled and HDCP 2.2 compliance. And ONLY at the cost of a Good Graphics card for an HTPC. Dragging your feet like this or bringing other "partners" into your software's "Game" is a bad long term move.
Rasilah,

Is your Sony Bravia 3D Smart TV capable of Framing Packing source format?
Okay, So I figured out that I could right click on the screen to get the settings for the Source Command to pop up and I was able to change the format to SBS or O/U... BUT, that didn't work. It just changed the zoom and stretch of the menu video....

It's like the Player is no detecting that I have a 3D disc in... any reason that could be?

Like I stated already, all of this hardware was playing 3D BD's with other software and on my Older TV... So it can only be the software or the TV... The TV will play and detected 3DBd's...

Any Ideas?
Okay, so now that I have the TV (LG 65UH8500-4K, 3D, Smart TV) I wanted to continue watching my 3D Blu-Rays movies that I purchase.

BUT, here is the problem... I was using a different software until lately and I switched to PowerDVD 16 Ultra. I also updated my HTPC OS to Windows 10 64 bit.

System: Windows 10, AMD FX-8320e 8 core CPU, 8gb Ram, GTX 950 GFX Card.

I initially installed the PDVD16u onto my Windows 7 OS and played the new 3D-BD's that wouldn't play on my software, on my 55" Toshiba Passive 3D (55tl515u) and it played great! BUT, this Toshiba uses all three 3D Source formats. Frame Packing, SBS and TAB...

This New LG that I use only uses SBS and TAB.... I've tried 3D movies that played in my old software as well to ensure that it wasn't the limitations of the PDVD16u software.

PDVD16u defaults to Frame Packing for 3D-BD playback... I'm not able to switch the 3D Playback Source Format from "Auto" to either "SBS" or TAB".... They just don't allow the change. I can Only see this option to change them with a 3D-BD in the player and it at the menu...

Can someone tell how to change the PDD16u 3D playback Source format to SBS or TAB? I think that this will allow me to watch my 3D-BD's again on my New 3D TV...

Thank you!
I think that it boils down to all of us being a bit more patient and waiting for every piece of hardware to catch up with one another.

At this point there is only the Samsung UHD player that plays back the UHD d-BD discs. Towards the end of the year though, both LG and Sony (I believe is the 2nd comp.) will be releasing their UHD-BD players with all the bells and whistles too.

SO once that happens, I think that we will see the Right Optical Drives come out. SO as of right now, we have the TV's, The GFX Cards, the HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 cables and UHD Software... We're only waiting on the Optical drives which I'm guessing should be coming out around the same time as these other two UHD (LG and Sony) players.
Go to: