Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Hicham,

I eventually managed to fix the problem.

My suspicion is that the trial version wasn't getting completely removed from my registry/system no matter what i did so i decided to check the key on another computer and it worked.

After fresh installing windows on my main PC i was able to active my key without any problem.
Hi guys, purchased PowerDVD 16 Ultra a few hours ago after trying the trial and liking it.

Unfortunately, the activation key i have been given doesn't seem to work and i keep getting the "Your product key is incorrect, Please try again (0x80ab0009)" error.

Here is what i have done so far to ensure optimal install and activation environment.

1- Uninstalled trial version via Ccleaner

2- Restarted PC

3- Installed powerDVD 16 ultra via the link provided

4- Antivirus and firewalls disabled

5- Ensured connectivity to the internet

6- Copy pasted as well as typed the product key in the activation window.

7- Failure to activate

I have requested support assistance but it appears they usually take a while to respond.

Wanted to see if anyone else has faced this issue and if there is a quick solution to this that i am missing?

System details are in the attached file.

Cheers
Go to: