Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am very disappointed.

I just paid my money for PowerDVD 16 Ultra and it's not very ultra. I have the most awesome monitor available, an ultra widescreen 21 x 9 ratio, and the movies don't fill the monitor. I am considering getting my money back with this 30-day gaurentee.

I don't care about industry legalities, a company that makes software for viewing blu-rays should have been able to find a way around this by now.

I used the app made by a fellow user, and it does work. However, I keep getting a black box on the left side of the screen, and I have to toggle between full screen and window to get rid of it, but it comes back in a few minutes.

Just talking about an issue like this makes me think of the state of computers 20 years ago around the Windows 95 days, in the early days of video on computers when you would never know if the software is going to work or not.

This is the 21st century, correct? I just can't believe a problem like this can happen in this day and age, especially when there are other players out there that have found a way around this issue. I can't believe I just payed so much money for software that is crippled, not to mention almost a grand for my monitor.

I mean, %$#&*^%$#, I have been supporting blu-ray ever since it hit the market. I own over 400 blu-rays, and another 500 DVDs. I have paid this industry well over $5000 just supporting their stupid format, and this is how I get repaid for not pirating and doing things the legal way.

Well, I know about XBMC (Kodi). I know I can get movies to work properly using that software. Where is my incentive to continue to support this greedy industry? I pay way too much for blu-rays, I get movies last on blu-ray because all other formats seem to be more important these days, yet I pay the most at $25 and up in Canada for a new blu-ray movie, and this is how I get paid back.

Needless to say I am pretty pi$$ed right now. Cyberlink should be ashamed to try and call their software the #1 blu-ray software when it will not even display the correct aspect ratio. Cyberlink should have approached the blu-ray consortium (or whomever is responsible for taking our money), and worked something oput with them for removing the black bars. It's to everyone's advantage. Advantage Consortium who gets more 21 x 9 owners to purchase blu-rays, advantage Cyberlink that more 21 x 9 owners will purchase their software, and of cours, last and least apparently, the unwashed masses who happen to own the best monitor for displaying movies actually being able to display the movies as they were intended.

I'm sorry to rant on about this, but I am quite upset at spending money on something that doesn't work properly. How about putting "NOTE, THIS SOFTWARE DOES NOT WORK PLAYING 21 x 9 MEDIA FROM BLU-RAY" right in the front page and description so people will know not to waste their time and money???????

I think I'm going to start saving myself a lot of money and just stop purchasing blu-rays. Obviously they don't think their customer's are important enough to make sure these things work, so I really don't see the point of purchasing their product.

I will now just start watching movies on Kodi, screw the movie industry.

And just so people know that I'm not BSing when I say I have been supporting this industry:

the cabnets in the basement.

Why should I support this industry when they won't support us?
Go to: