Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Tomasc & Tony

As Tomasc mentioned, I do want the Menus and use Subtitle room to put text in many photos so I tried your suggestions with USB stick / NTFS which reduced shimmering really well but clarity was much worse. Tried different settings and many more of ideas in this forum.
None really worked out as clear as creating disc (iso producing options) of still photos and I still like each holiday on separate DVD's.

Maybe PD will come up with very slow motion setting that will not effect stripes and water one day. Until then I will have to stick with current method as that suits me best.

This will be my last post re this, so Tks again Tomasc and Tony - appreciate your time spent and my knowledge gained.
Regards ...
Hi Tony and Tomasc,

Tks both so much for your input - a bit of testing and learning ahead of me ... based on both your latest responses.
This is just to let you know I will need time until some time this weekend to get back to you, hopefully with final and great results.
Tks - Su
Hi Tony,
You saw me running to our tv right ... and yes, we do have usb connection so ...
Followed instructions to produce, then AVC / M2TS / Default / ... however, in Profile Name/Quality drop down window I do not have AVC 1920 x 1080/60i (16 Mbps) - on 50i.
I selected this and rendering took 2.20 hours and I found the file .....CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\Produce.m2ts, however the file is 6.633,746kb and requires usb stick that will take at least that ... so I have assumed something went wrong because of the 50i iso 60i.
Googling indicates it is linked to PAL system and 50i being out of date and 60i (like you show in screen dumps) are the ones to use.
Not sure how you manage your screendumps in your replies (nor the neat "Su wrote" boxes so I can't show you what my PD offers in dropdown window but no 60i's to be found right from start to end. I am set to Pal Australia. Maybe you can direct me to 60i somehow, in case you think that will solve the size of the file?
Tks lots
Hi ?notfish,

Your comment re fences, water, long grasses is exactly right - it emphasises it, and the remote places we visit obviously have loads of these type of photos.

*re: 2 of the points you refer to, to minimise the shimmering is to:
A) make the motion so it's slow & subtle. Extreme/quick motion makes it worse
1. Makes perfect sense - how, in Random Magic Motion can you set it to go slower
2. Is that somewhere in Preferences?

B) produce to HD, UHD or 4K using a bitrate of 16+Mbps
1. No idea how to do that, and we need DVD's as we want to watch it on TV...we are approaching our late sixties and once we stop travelling this is what we hope to have as "entertainment" of revisiting the wonderful places we saw on TV. Hope this explains and thanks so much for your effort in testing - I looked at the files and yes, clearly shows fences, grasses and water having the very same problem as I have.
2. If you can think of any settings in preferences that may help pls let me know.
3. Particularly wondering about the "General" setting for Timeline Frame Rate which is set to 25FPS PAL,
4. in "Editing" I am set to Overlap, i.s.o. Cross as well as unticked "Add Transition - however shimmering problem even worse when ticked Transition.
Tks again
Hi Tomasc -

* re: if you resize all those photos to a proportionate 720 pixel horizontal resolution using a photo or image editor before putting them on a timeline.

1. Can this resizing be done with photos in the Library?
2. Or do you mean resize photos before importing into PD?
3. Don't know much about photo editors but wouldn't the quality of the photos become a lot less by resizing down? We have unique photos taken in Burma, Borneo, Italy, Vietnam, Laos, hence my question ...
I apologise up front for being untechnical - as it is all a bit beyond me and really appreciate your trying to help.
... your question made me realise that we have 2 sets of Resolutions, one from my Panasonic DMC-FH2 Camera which is set to 4320x2432
The second resolution of 4608x2592 is my husband's Olympus E-PM2 camera.

To have both our (1200+) photos in Date Order I always first sort all our imported photos under [view tab] in Date Order, and then moved them into Timeline which results in our photos still being in date order but from mixed cameras and thus different resolutions.

Pls advise > Not sure where to look for the resolution of what you call "the produced file"? Look forward to your (hopefully) reply. Tks a lot ...
Hi from Australia,

When I apply Magic Motion (Random or any other selection) to still photos the playback result is shimmering / flicking and therefore unwatcheable. I think it is mainly "horizontal" shimmering, in case this means anything. This is tested on Computers (Win 8.1 and Win 10) and on various types of TV at home or away.

Google search articles say same thing is happening to other people but I can't find an answer anywhere hence trying my first post in a Forum. Would so like to have this problem solved as the Magic Motion is so much more interesting to watch then still picture after still picture - especially as I take 2 or 3 DVD's full of holiday photos each time we travel.

I have recently upgraded to Power Director V14 which did not fix this shimmering problem which also occurred in PD V9 I had previously. Maybe / hopefully it just needs a change in Preference Settings but unable to figure out myself what that should be.

Tks in anticipation

Su from Queensland
Go to: