Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can definitely agree that more hardware may be required. I would be completely fine waiting for all these pieces to get sorted out, IF somebody on the PC side (AMD, Nvidia, Cyberlink, etc) would come forward and say they would work on it.

So I suppose we should just watch out and report it.
I have been told that if you buy a new enough BDXL disc drive, one that can read a 66 GB disc, you will be set.

We are currently waiting for a legitimate software solution, one that legally decodes them. And if anyone has heard any wind on software that is in development, let u know.

Nobody has taken it upon themselves to appease the Bluray company.
Thanks guys, I went to the site to see the news. http://www.myce.com/news/download-powerdvd-16-78906/

And then, I promptly got a refund for my PowerDVD 15 because it let me down. I am completely ready to play these discs and then the "best" software is unsupportive. They had a long time to get this implemented.
I made an assumption based around the fact that calling a video file UHD 4K was too specific and it was therefore the media marketed as the same name.

I suppose there is a chance that version 16 will have been developed concurrently with the standard that the physical players use.
Absolutely, I intend to. I am more concerned that others may have found a working setup. Or that some are having issues like myself.

The hardware required to use the software is what seems to be problematic.
I have recently purchased an UHD Bluray movie to play using PowerDVD 15 (since it was a feature listed) and I have not had any luck.

Through troubleshooting I have confirmed my bluray drive to be too old to read BDXL disks.

I have posted this hoping that another user of PowerDVD15 has had luck playing an UHD bluray.

What operating system can read the disc formatting? What Bluray PC drive has been proven to read BDXL? With both of these figured out, does PowerDVD actually play/decode these new discs?

Last question to help solve this issue: Can a cyberlink employee provide the specs to their test PC for 4K bluray playback?
If you don't mind, what software exactly allows you to bitstream Dolby Atmos from your laptop to your amplifier? Does the amplifier confirm it is receiving Atmos?
Go to: