Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am trying to play dolby atmos demo iso via PowerDVD 15. Before I play the disc, audio setup is via HDMI out and I can select non decoded high definition audio to external device option. When the demo starts playing Powerdvd defaults back to PCM. The non decoded high definition audio option is not available however non decoded dolby digital/DTS option is still there. (This does not play dolby atmos)

I am playing the iso through my dedicated HTPC which is a intel NUC D34010WYKH which is connected via HDMI to my dolby atmos capable Yamaha 1080 receiver. I have upgraded to the latest audio driver on the NUC.

What is further puzzling is that I can use poweredvd on my laptop connected to the receiver and play the exact iso and with the non decoded high definition option selected it plays the dolby atmos audio.

Any help how to fix this problem would be great
I do have Powerdvd 15 set to "Non-decoded high definition audio". I am at a loss to know what is wrong but I think it is to do with my HTPC. Powerdvd 15 will stream the atmos audio to the receiver which the display varies between Dolby EX and Dobly digital. With Media Player Home Theatre on my Laptop Atmos is displayed on the receiver. I have since installed Media Home theatre on my HTPC and it doesn't stream the atmos track. Receiver displays LPCM so I conclude it must be my HTPC that is the problem.
I know Powerdvd 15 does not have atmos functionality. What I did say in my post that it passes the audio to my atmos capable receiver which then processes the audio. I can get this to work on my laptop but not on my HTPC with powerdvd. What I think may be happening is that it is playing the ac3 track not the atmos track when playing through powerdvd
When I play an iso with Dolby atmos in Poweredvd and bitstream using HDMI to my Yamahan receiver RX A1050 it shows up as Dolby Digital. I am using a HTPC intel NUC i3 (haswell with all drivers updated). when I play the same iso on my laptop using Media Player Home theatre and connect it using HDMI the receiver shows Dolby Atmos. I can't work out why I can't get atmos through my HTPC & powerdvd.
Go to: