Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ron & Robert,
I installed your update, Ron and it works "like a charm". Thanks! I can see that you and Robert make a great team in your efforts to improve the program. I'm sure many PD users are grateful for the effort you guys put in. I know I am.

Ernie
I'll take a Magic+PDx64 build, please.

Thanks,
Ernie
When I changed the audio delay to -733 and reported success, I had not loaded the clip to PD. As per Robert's report when I did place the clips onto PD after setting audio delay to -733, it played out of sync. The good news is that by setting it to -350 it plays fine on the PD timeline. So you were "spot-on" in your observations Robert. Hopefully that won't change when I transcode it to burn a Blu-Ray disc using TMPG software. I did check out your "external mic" theory, Robert and that did not make a difference. I used the program on a clip recorded with the camera's internal mic, with no offset and it played out of sync. If I encounter any more issues I post them on the forum.
Ron if you would send me the customized script to automatically set the correct offset, it will be much appreciated.

Ernie
Hi Ron,
Success! I changed the setting to -733 and the clip played fine. Now I'll transcode all clips from the project and do my normal editing. I very much appreciate your help in this matter.
It was interesting having your input, Robert. At age 67 it amazes me that people from all over the globe can unite under a common interest and communicate directly with each other to solve problems and help each other. Video editing has been a hobby of mine since 1983. I've been using PD for many years now but this is the first time I've used the forum and it "blows me away". Will Ignus see this?
Ernie
As per your directions I tried many of the compression options on my machine and then tried to convert the clips. Most of them gave me an error message. On the ones which did convert e.g. MPEG Layer-3 it was out of sync.
I think (hope) I uploaded an original clip I labeled "Magic-Ernie" to you via OneDrive. Thanks, again, for your help.

Ernie
Hi,
Thanks so much for your response and very explicit directions. I did try resetting the audio as per your instructions but had a problem setting the compression. After clicking on compression I did not get the AC-3 ACM codec you choose. My only choices were:

no compression (PCM)
CCITT A-Law
CCITT u-Law
GMS 6.10
IMA ADPCM
Microsoft ADPCM
MPEG Layer-3
I did "play" with some of these but MPEG Layer-3 gave me no settings and the other choices did not have settings similar to your above window. Yes I did communicate with
Balazs. If you would send me a link to DropBox or OneDrive along with excellent instructions as you provided for my attempt to change the audio mode, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks,
Ernie
Following reccomendations on the forum I purchased the Magic+PD 64 program. Set up and conversion process went smoothly. Only problem is that the audio and video are out of sync on the new .avi files. I wrote to the program creator and he told me to check out my problem here on this forum as he does not know PD although he thought it was a virtual dub AVI mixing issue. Anyone have the same issue and/or a suggestion to fix this. Thanks!
Thanks so much, Robert, for the very helpful info.
I'm using Power Director 13 and will upgrade to 14 soon. I plan to buy a 4K video camera (probably Sony FDR AX 100) and was wondering if a computer with an Intel i7 CPU is adequate or would a Xeon processor be significantly better. Suggestions on graphics cards also welcomed.
Go to: