Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote What are you going to do with the video from this camcorder - play on computer, make a DVD, make blu ray discs , put on a thumb drive etc.

The minimum amaount of encoding (rendering) is usually the best.

I do two things, 1 I upload the video to you tube, 2 I stream the video to my tv to watch. I want to save the files with the highest quality available, I don't want to save the file in a state that is good for you tube.

what setting should I use? I currently use

avc 1920 x 1080/60i (16 mbps)
I film with a cannon Vixia G20 and I am not sure which file type (resolution and bitrate) to chose.

I film on the highest setting, so I assume that is 1920 x 1080 for that camera.

for quality, what is the best output file type for this camera?

Side question, I am using the zoom feature and I notice it is pretty grainy, would a better camera help in that department? What would be a next jump up that would help, just more pixels?
Quote Do I have to go through the produce and create disc phases?

What JL_JL says is what I was pointing out. How long your original video runs is irrelevant, by using the orange tabs on the timeline scrubber to highlight a range and then producing it you will have just that part as a separate video file. When the time comes you can then create your highlights project using your saved mini clips.

Forget about create disc completely (for now) you are producing video files not DVD a Discsmile. The two are totally separate processes but you can eventually create a disc using the video files produced previously.

I did exactly that this morning, worked great. The only confusion I had was selecting a file format, I went with h.264 - 1920 x 1080/60P

I want it as close to the original as possible.
Quote Yes I understand and agree, I was just checking you realised there was a quick way to extract separate clips from a larger video smile

I have a single snipped from last game in PowerDirectory, its 40 seconds long. How, in PowerDirector, can I save off that clip as a video file? Do I have to go through the produce and create disc phases?

I was hoping to just select the portion of the video file I want, and save it off in the same format as the original.
Quote A better way doesn't come to my mind but to assist in the clip selection, are you aware that you can select a range from a video and then produce just that selection to a separate file. You could write these 'clips' directly to your holding folder.

that's what I am thinking of doing, just have a clips folder and when complete, create a new project with those clips.
Each week I record a hockey game. I would like to compile all of the highlights and create an end of year video. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Should I cut the clips out from the original file (I will do this each week), add all of the small clips to a folder and at the end of the year create a new project and add all of the clips?

Any other techniques?
thanks
I find myself deleting this group of pics, is there a way to NOT get them to be there by default? Is it as simple as deleting or moving the actual files in the installation directory?
So I brought the disc that didn't work on the xbox or on my home bluray player over to a freinds house, and in their old sony bluray player, the movie worked. Very strange, I would like a disc that works in most players, not in only a few.

I'll keep looking at the issue and report back.
Thanks Carl, I'll try it again. If not I may try to spin up a virtual machine and install PD14 on a clean OS and see if that helps as aldoxide suggested.

So far I am loving the software, but I would like the ability to burn a disc and have it be playable....
This is the second movie I've created and neither one works (except in my PC bluray player).

I create my move in PD, I then go to the create disc section. Here are the settings

Video Recording Format = BDMV - with menu, 16:9

Video encoding format and quality = h.264 Smart Fit (i've changed smartfit to be 1920 x 1080 60i and that didn't work either)

Audio = dobly digital 5.1 channels

I burn the movie successfully, and I attempt to play the movie in my XBOX ONE, which throws an error. I then attempt to play the movie on my Panisonic blueray player hooked to my TV, it looks like it is playing, but the screen is black.

I can play the movie on my PC with my PC bluray player, but that doesn't help. I want to bring the disc to other people's house and watch it. What am I doing wrong?
I am filing sports, and I would like to pause the clip, draw circles explaining what the players are supposed to do, add my own audio, and them unpause the clip and play. More for training purposes for the team.

I can figure out how to add my own audio, my question is, how can I grab a clip, and draw on it? Any tools offered by Cyberlink or do I need different tools?
Thanks Carl, Xbox One is blu ray player. I have a stand-alone blu ray player, I'll try that and see if the disc works in there.
Thanks Carl, I tried to play the disc in my Xbox One, I'll look for the section you mentioned.

Here's a question, when you buy a bluray off the shelf, it seems to work in any bluray player. When you burn a bluray, you have to figure out which device you are going to watch it on and go from there?

What if I wanted to provide a bluray disc to a hockey team, what would cover the most players?
Anything special here? I bured my first BluRay, popped the disc into my Xbox One, it says invalid disc. I then put the disc back in my Pioneer PC BluRay player and it plays fine.

What do I need to do to enure the disc plays on ALL players?
I am thinking of getting server class hardware for virtual machines purposes. I wouldn't mind using the VM host as my video editing and playback machine as well. I can place the server next to the TV and run HDMI or whatever. My question is, any recommendations on hardware that will accomplish my goals?
Go to: