Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here are the steps I followed. While in the Produce screen I selected H.264 AVC and used the drop down below this to change to MP4 instead of MTS. Leaving the profile type as default for the time being, I selected the MPEG-4 1920X1080 /30p (16Mpbs) profile under the Profile name/Quality heading, because I essentially wanted all parameters of the custom profile to be the same as this, except for the change in frame rate to 30. Next click the + sign next to this profile name and you get a window where you can type in the name you want and a description for the new custom profile. Then hit the Video Tab and you should get a window were you can change various parameters via drop down menus. Clicking on the Frame Rate drop down should show a list that includes a choice for 30, at least it does for me. I left everything else the same. (Average Bitrate at 15500, High Profile, Progressive, CABAC, Quality Mode and use deblocking). Parameters under the The Audio Tab should not need changing. (AAC and Stereo and Compression Rate 384 Kbps). Once you click OK the Custom profile will be saved. Make sure you switch to Custom Profiles instead of Default Profiles under the Profile Type heading. If this is the only Custom profile it will automatically be selected. I have checked the parameters of the videos I have created with this and they are 30 FPS.
After reading extensive postings about timeline frame rate conflict messages when importing video clips with a 30 FPS rate, I have learned the following. First off there would be no confusion if PowerDirector actually labeled the Timeline Frame Rate choice in General Options as 29.97 and not 30, since 29.97 is the actual Timeline Frame Rate you get when you select "30 FPS (NTSC)", regardless of whether you choose to compensate the Timeline display or not by selecting Yes or No to "Use Drop Frame Time Code". This would eliminate the confusion created when we get the warning message. A new user immediatlely asks "Why is there a conflict if my video is 30 FPS and I selected 30 FPS as the Timeline Frame Rate". The answer is PowerDirector misled you - the Timeline Frame rate is 29.97 not 30 as displayed in the General Options choice.

Using Drop Frame Timecode compensates the display for the mathematical timing discrepency between a 29.97 Timeline and a 30 FPS video, but it does not change the final rendering. When you select an NTSC Produce option, it will render at 29.97 FPS, by definition. If for some reason you want to make the final video exactly the same FPS as your original 30 FPS clips, you have to hit the + sign under Profile Name/Quality and create a custom profile and select 30 FPS. When doing this you can set other video and audio parameters to match as close as possible to the preset NTSC profile you would otherwise have selected. Can use the details button to get the details of the default profiles and then match them in a custon profile, except for using 30 FPS in the custom profile.
Go to: