Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks to everyone for the help. The reason I thought that I could use ColorDirector is that it seemed you could pick out an object, change its color, and it would track the motion and keep the same color change no matter where it moved. I thought I could just change the color of the baseball cap and that would block out the white text.
Anyway, I used the blur effect to block the text. It was working, but very labor intensive due to all the slight and extreme head movements as well as zooming in and out several times. It worked fairly well, but it needs more work. I produced what I had done and I will import the produced file and try to touch it up in order to keep the text from being seen at all.
I did my blurring in Non-Realtime Preview. Should I have done it in Realtime Preview? Would that have made it work better?
Thanks for the info on creating a censor blur. It looks simple enough and it just might work for my project. I think the videos showing how to do this were based on earlier versions of PowerDirector, so I hope it will work with PD 13.
Thanks again
Just watched a video of ColorDirector 3 and it seems like it would do what I need. If it is easy to use and works well on smaller objects (such as the writing on the baseball cap), I could just change the white text to the color of the cap and the text would be gone. But, does it track small objects well and is it easy to work with as it showed in the video?

Also, since I just purchased PowerDirector 13 a few weeks ago in hopes of easily doing motion tracking to get rid of the baseball cap's text, I wonder how much extra I'd have to pay to get ColorDirector 3, or would it be an upgrade to PowerDirector 13?
This is why I bought PowerDirector 13 Ultimate. I need to cover up or blur something written on a baseball cap worn by a man who is sitting, but his head is moving. Also, the camera is zooming in and out during the video.

I've looked at tutorial videos and it seems the menu of items in the Modify or PiP designer window doesn't have motion listed as the tutorial had. It has things like Opacity, Scale, Rotation, Position, Freeform, and 3D depth. In the tutorial, you need to set the keyframe in Motion, but I don't have that listed. They later set Opacity because they don't want to block what is passing in front of the object they are tracking. They also scanned back through the video and set freeform keyframes (I'm not sure if that's something I need or not). I'm really disappointed in how this thing is supposed to work, how time consuming it is, and how little info there is to tell you step by step what to do to accomplish this task.
Go to: