Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am not sure about the 32bit of 64bit. It was whatever I was supposed to have, but I can check later.

and I also don't know about the Shadow Files, I can check that when I get home later too.

The delays are the entire time. I will have 3-4 videos of about a minute long on the timeline, and each time i click one of them, it takes 5-10 seconds to register that I clicked it, then when i try to zoom in or out, it takes 5-10 seconds to register i clicked zoom, or when i click to scroll along the timeline, it takes 5-10 seconds to register i clicked to scroll. It is literally everything that does it, and lasts the entire time.
Quote: Is the hard drive internal or connected via USB 2/3?

Same operating system? High definition or standard definition?

Run Windows msconfig to see what programs are opened when you boot. Uncheck the ones that are not necessary, hint: Download the free Soluto to help you make the decisions; you can delete it afterwards.

Internal SSD and HDD

Went from windows 7 to Windows 8.1

And alright I can try that.
Quote: Are you using the same video source files as you used before (that worked well), or did you get a new camcorder also ?

Do you have any other programs running - like Anti-Virus or other background program that do auto backups (WD makes a bad one call SmartWare) that is trying to backup your temp files while you are creating them.

Do you have more than one drives - programs on one video on another - or all on one?

Yeah I am using the same video source files that worked before. The webcam is the exact same, the only thing new is the new computer and PowerDirector 13 instead of 12.

I have no other programs running when I am editing videos. Especially no Anti-Virus programs.

I have a 256mb SSD and a 1TB HDD. The videos may be on the HDD, but I know the program itself is on the SSD. Could that be what is causes so much delay?
I used to have PowerDirector 12 on my old computer, which was 5 years old. It ran just fine. I recently (last month) bought a brand new computer with an i5 processor, 24gb of ram, and a brand new graphics card for it. I upgrade to PowerDirector 13 thinking it would be awesome and would run awesome on my new computer. It doesn't. When I am trying to edit videos it literally takes between 5 and 10 seconds to register I've even clicked on the clip, then can take another several seconds to register that I wanted it to do something after that. This makes editing together a 3 minute video take an hour sometimes. Why is it doing this!? Is there any way for me to fix this?
Go to: