Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank You everyone for help. This was very insightful - I thought masks would work differently (obviously I'm new to the software).

I reworked my video and now the resolution is fine. Excellent!

At the beginning I really disliked how the masks work - when I applied rotation, the mask would rotate too... (I used it before in cropping and it was fine).

I'm not sure if I use it right, but I get what I wanted by using video crop first to center the video on the element that is interesting for me (no zooming though), then I apply the same parameters for mask, that I used for rescaling and seems perfect. The only annoying thing in this method is that I can't preview the result in crop menu and I can't seem to find any manual parameter input for crop...
Not exactly.

I'm putting several clips next to each other. Black bars won't allow me to see more than one video at a time...

EDIT: Or putting differently - I have a clip in 1280x720, which has a 480x280 "window", I want the software to remove everything around that window and treat it like 480x280 object. Now it's stretching the original video to 1920x1080, then it scales it up again after cropping, so the image is already malformed seriously. When I reduce it size, to fit other videos, it's hardly recognizable...
Hello All!

I'm working on a video that will combine multiple clips from a playthough of a video game. This involves mostly cropping/resizing.

My issue is, that the video will be in 1080, while the gameplay is recorded in 720. When I preview the clip, it looks nice. Then I insert it - it becomes a bit blurry due to rescaling to 1080. After that I crop it and resize it - then it becomes extremely blurry...

I attached a comparison between how it looks on a produced video and snapshot of the clip preview more less the same size.

Is there a way to force the program not to resize the image when inserting or cropping? And using the base resolution of the clip after insert?

I'm using PowerDirector Ultra 13.0.2408.0.
Go to: