Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This sucks. Why does owning a PC and hooking it up to a TV make me feel like I'm doing something wrong?

Just because most people don't have the hardware for it doesn't mean no one has the hardware for it. I have a GTX960 and want to play UHD blu ray disks on my 4K TV.

It's not just UHD blu ray support. You can't stream 4K content from netflix or amazon on a PC. It's just ridiculous. It's has to be about DRM. So for regular people you are forced to use all these disconnected sources for content just to ensure DRM is maintained.

The xbox one s might, just might be the answer to all this.
I have windows 8.1 and use windows media center. I have the screen saver turned on and a slide show of my pictures play when I pause WMC.

I just purchased powerdvd 14 to play bluray movies and was watching one tonight when I had to pause it for a few minutes. When I came back and pressed play I was taken back to the main menu and resume was grayed out for some reason and my only option was to restart.

If this is the default behavior there is no way I can continue to use powerdvd, I'm going to have to look for something else to play bluray movies because I can't restart the movie every time I pause. That's just stupid.

So, this really sucks. I just purchased powerdvd 14 for my PC hooked up to my TV and discovered that when I pause my bluray movie and try to play it again THE MOVIE HAS TO RESTART. WTF? This is because I use windows media center and have my pictures play as the screen saver and when I try to unpause I'm returned to the main menu and resume is grayed out. This is unacceptable. Period. I'm going to look for some other software to replace this and request a refund.
Go to: