Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thx Michael for replying

My ticket id is CS001404499. I have installed the latest patch which seems to help a little bit but cpu still goes to 100% causing flashes and instability.

I have uninstalled previous versions of powerdvd and reinstalled powerdvd14 before installing latest patch. There was no real improvement.

I did a full virus scan and found one malicious cookie but again no improvement. Again only happens with 3D movies.

thx
John
Thanks Stevek

I tried selecting software over hardware acceleration. It helped a bit; less and shorter flashes; but then my computer crashed. I'm afraid my computer or OS may be damaged by running the cpu at 100 %. It's only a problem on 3d movies and it doesn't make a difference if the movie is on the hard drive or disc. Discs play fine on my standalone blu ray player. I will try the latest patch to see if that works; the description said it solves crash issues. If that doesn't work I will try the $30 buck technical call service. I have yet to receive an answer on my ticket it has been almost two weeks.
Hi

I opened a technical support ticket a week ago but have not received an answer as yet. I bought power dvd ultra 14 primarily for 3D but it does not work well. 3D effects do appear better than those seen in the trial version however playback flashes to washed out 2D. The flashes last for a couple of seconds and appear more frequent when there are more 3d effects. Task manager shows CPU maxing out at 100% which is probably the problem. The DXdiag file that I have attached shows up to date drivers with the possible exception of directx which is 11; the newest being 11.1.

I tried an uninstall and reinstall of ultra 14 with no noticeable effect. I also updated all graphics drivers; again with little effect.

I do have cyberlink suite 10 installed which came with my burner. Could this be causing a conflict? The powerdvd 14 trial version did not have problems but the 3d in the purchased ultra when it is not flashing does appear superior.

I have done a google search on 100% CPU usage with powerdvd but the only thing I could find was a 2008 thread dealing with an old version of powerdvd. The solution then was to make registry changes.

Any help is definitely appreciated. Thanks.
Hi

Will this patch fix CPU maxing out at 100 %? I started a support ticket but have not received an answer.

Thanks
Go to: