Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I'm pleased to tell everyone that the thread is still monitored by CyberLink and a number of the suggestions are being actively taken up/investigated for inclusion in PowerDirector.

Excellent news indeed!

I really love PowerDirector for what it can do for the masses, but sometimes individuals in the masses may have incredibly capable computers. My suggestion to CyberLink is to create measures in your program that maximise every bit of the computers functionality, ensure that all available RAM is accounted for, even pre-allocate the maximum amount of RAM possible!

For example: I have 16GB of speedy RAM available for use, yet even when doing some intense usage of PD13 the max I ever use is 6GB! I have investigated this to all ends, but with no luck. It seems that my RAM usage is capped.

Another example, my Quadro 2000 GPU pretty much lies dormant throughout the entire producing phase, bouncing between 2% and 3% usage. My GPU is a large source of computing power, so why not capitalize on it!!!

Come on CyberLink, hark hark!!! Make PowerDirector PUSH for the maximum system capabilities, force it to use every bit of power in the system, and you could have an absolutely untouchable editor on your hands!

All the best!

Brennan Kirkpatrick
Quote: Please update PowerDirector to be compatible with NVIDIA drivers newer than 337.88 (5/26/2014). Those of us with perfectly good CUDA video cards can't update to the latest NVIDIA drivers, because if we do then PowerDirector no longer recognizes and uses hardware acceleration. This is not an NVIDIA problem, it's a CyberLink problem. Software needs to be upgraded to be compatible with newer drivers so the we can exploit the best from both PowerDirector and NVIDIA.

I 100% agree with you.

I run a Nvidia Quadro 2000, decent card, but have no added functionality from it. I have to rely on my i7 4770... It does ALL the work!

PLEASE CyberLink, help us out!!! Let us us our good graphics cards and not let them lie dormant!!!

Your's Truly,

Brennan
Go to: