Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

got this working using windows 7 home premium 64 bit (retail) using
OEM PDVDd 7 (medion computers)
PDVD 7 Deluxe upgrade download (only the U/G key is needed)
PDVD7 Ultra upgrade download (key doesnt work as its a Deluxe to Ultra key)

install OEM 7 version
restart computer- important
DO NOT perform Deluxe upgrade.
install Ultra upgrade(run as admnistrator)
run PDVD
use Deluxe U/G key to activate

EDIT: Once Ultra is installed you can update to
CyberLink.4617a_TaRe38_DVD081201-07

Once updated to 4617a - a further update (suggested by pop up) CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05 failed to install and left me with no PDVD installed - had to repeat the install process from scratch.

EDIT: got the ultra key to work

install OEM 7 version - I got pdvd 7.0.2414.0
DO NOT perform Deluxe upgrade.
install Ultra upgrade(run as admnistrator) - pdvd Ultra 7.3.3319a.0
run PDVD
use Ultra U/G key to activate

It still claims to be the deluxe version butt playing King Kong HD-DVD as I type

EDIT: after 4617a hd-dvd menu use is messed up so reverted to original install with no update patch. without update patch some titles wont play at all and others start but fail after a few minutes of play - so not the HD-DVD solution for win7.

This is really annoying. I didnt mind paying for PDVD but I do object to this hobbling of my software by supposed upgrade.

Imagine taking your car for a service and they remove your ability to get into fifth gear. - you would sue!! Someone amongst the US customers should begin a 'Class action' against Cyberlink. They took money for providing a service which they subsequently removed.

I have 2 main machines 1 of which is triple boot Vista, Xp and Ubuntu.
Having installed the patch on all windows OS's I then re-installed the older version to regain rip capability on 1 vista OS and XP but kept the upgrade on my other vista OS. (Luckily I still had access to my previous Install/Upgrade)

Like others in the forum I am actively looking at alternatives both free and paid for.

Alternatives I have looked at

XP and vista

Nero 7 premium with BR HDDVD plugin.
This plays rips but performance is not so great (not utilising Nvidia hardware capabilitiesI think)

Ubuntu
Latest SVN of Mplayer
Almost there - plays video .evo files just fine (rips) but I have no sound as yet.

regards
Go to: