Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Again I have problems with PD (build : 5.00.1816) when saving the project file.
This varies from time to time what the reasons are, but the result is that the project file is currupt.

Sometimes I am not able to fix the currupted file, but in the project I am workning on right now, the problems seems to be that the start text in the project file are missing after saving the project file - causing the program to crash.....
Inserting the missing text - the project file seems to works again.....

======== MISSING TEXT ============
Content-Type: multipart/related
--- partseparator
Content-Type: text/AEFF
Content-ID: movie-layout
--- separator
===============================

Why do Cyberlink not fix this serious problem ?
I can see from the topics in this forumthat a lot of people have the same problem.
I must say, that regards of how good features in the programs are, I will not recommend the program to others until this issues are solved - sorry !
Hi

I have a problem with opening a PowerDirector project file (PD crashed while saving....)
I have therefore used the newly released patch, that should fix that. At least I do not have the same problem any longer, as PD no longer start up.

Now I get a warning something like this
?ReplaceClip@CAEFFMgr@@QAEJW4CLIP_REPLACE_TYPE@@PBG@Z was not found in AEFFMgr.dll

Restoring the original files removes the start-up problem (never do anything without backing up), but leaves me with the PDR file opening problem

Anybody else tried using this patch / have an explanation ?

vkr
Michael
Go to: