Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi all....( hope i'm in the right place and if I'm not I apologize )
I have not asked for any help for a while because I have not used the program lately but now I"m using it again.
My question ....Is it worth upgrating from my 12. 4210.0 to the new 16 ?
Thank you

Hi DZ

If you download issue 7 of PD News from here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65033.page you can read my thoughts on upgrading from 13 to 16. Once downloaded, go to the "Newbie Room" section.

I hope this helps

Robert

Thanks for your help....( like I said previously , I have not used the program for a while ), now that I'm using it again, its time for an upgrade ....

Great ....more stuff to learn.............
Hi all....I'm trying to edit or create a template in PD 12 but when I try to move items ( title, scene buttons etc.) it takes a while to process the command ...( 2-5 Sec )
My question , is the program at fault because it's older version or my computer.
My specs...
Intel(R)core(TM) i5 - 3570 CPU @ 3.4GHZ
8GB memory
64 bit Windows 10 Home
Version 1709

Thank you

Thanks anyway ...upgrated to P.D 16...........so far so good
Hi all....( hope i'm in the right place and if I'm not I apologize )
I have not asked for any help for a while because I have not used the program lately but now I"m using it again.
My question ....Is it worth upgrating from my 12. 4210.0 to the new 16 ?
Thank you
thanks
Hey ynotfish.....I was watching the above mentioned video and ...just curious as to how you get PD to load clips so fast.
Is it the program itself or you PC set up...Thanks Tony
Got it ...thanks
Hi all , here is what's happening..
-I insert a "clover #4" at the end of the clip.
-I have it set to scroll like "star wars "theme
-I have regular font
-I try to change to a different font but when I do that PD12 shifts the words to the left
I attached 2 screenshots for examples.
First is normal , second is when I change font......any ideas or I'm I missing something?
Thanks.
(I tried different ones ...does the same)
Hey Carl...Thanks.....so you think the VOB file probably came straight from my Sony's mini dvd ?
Hello all...I'm looking for someone to jog my memory as to how I did this:
-I imported a AVI ,15 min.video in PD12.(the initial "look " of the video was grainy and blotchy)
-I edited
-I produced it in both MPEG2 and MPEG4...no improvement in quality between either one or the original AVI version.
-I imported the same clip but this time it was a VOB file which was much better quality than the AVI .
Now .... can anyone "push the refresh " button in my brain as to how I could have got the VOB version , could it be with a converter program because for the life of me ...I don't remember how I did it....Thanks..
Sorry for taking so long.........thanks for the info
Hello all...I'm back..
I'm about to "produce" a clip.
I have read a few articles about the format to be used, but I would like your opinion on this.
The clip/movie , was originally AVI , now, what would give me the best quality results (if I plan to burn to DVD) out of the options I have in PD12 ?
Thanks
I would like to thank everyone who helped with my issues.
Thanks again ....
Thanks playsound....slowly ..I'll get it
Thanks Nina....I'll doing it as we speek
Tony, as I'm watching (I'm paying attention..just like in school) I noticed that when you "saved" a project , you labelled it "project 4".
When you "opened project" select previously saved ..you opened "project 1"....does that mean anything ?
To Adrian...no apologies needed.
To Tony..thanks..very nice video.... its to fast for me, its difficult to take it all in. I'm not as young and experienced as you guys.
I'll try to watch it a few times.
Quick question..are you running build 2726.0 ?
I'll keep you posted......thanks again
Ok..got that, but looking at your last paragraph, I have that setup..but I still dont get an answer to the issue that, the saved file does not appear when I import from that "working folder"

Please also not in the following attach...it does not show PDS files type.....would that make difference?
Hey Carl...thanks for the respond..
Now, I'm I missing something ?..I mean according to what I wrote, its seems that I'm following the procedure that you outline in your answer, again, I'm I missing something?
As far as the you tube video that you suggested...I saw both and are very educational...but they show the procedure been done on "C"drive not on a different drive.
So, if all that we tried is not working, is it me, is it the OS, or is it PD?
Thanks

One more thing,what do you mean when you say in the import section "this one changes when you import" ?
Hello all.... here I'm back to try to figure out what the problem is.
I'm waiting for an answer to my previous post from the great guys\girls (although I have not spoken to one yet) in this forum.
I'm definitely not an expert on this..(or else I would have figured this out ) but , with the help of you guys, I tried different procedures to get PD to work properly ... to no avail.
This is my latest attempt .....(for more info on my issues ,take a look at my previous posts,(Import folders changing on its own)
-Uninstall PD from C:\ (run CCleaner)
-Re-install in F:\
-Tell PD to Import from F:\Work in progress\
-Tell PD to export to F:\Work in progress\
-Close PD
-Open F:\Work in progress\ files are there
-Open PD
-try "Import media file ",from F:\Work in progress\ is not there
-Import new ,never used on PD file, (AVI).
-Work on file
-"save file as" F:\Work in progress\
-Close PD
-Open F:\Work in progress\ file is there
-Open PD and try to import same , file not there
Footnote:
While working on above mentioned new file, in "content aware" , the unselected portions are deleted but when the selected is returned to the time line, the section I selected is there,from start to finish, but at the finish point, the start of the first clip ,starts again.....
I hope I explained myself correctly.
After hours of testing and trying different things , I come to the conclusion that the issues are program related , unless someone can come up with a different scenario....thanks for your time
Good morning..here are some shot of what you asked in order of sequence ...hope this is right...
By the way..I took the files from "work in progress" and put them straight on "F" to see if it made any difference ..no difference.
That s why the folder show empty , but regardless, it has the same effect...
To answer your question , they were originally AVI and were captured in PD straight from the mini dvd......
Included is a shot of current settings in PD...thanks (ho..it will only allows 3 attach.....I send on the next one)
In short ." import folder is "F", export folder is "F"
Go to: