Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow Barry, that was fast! Thank you. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the input, I'll try lowering the rendering preview quality.

Now to figure out how to lower the rendering preview quality... :
Quote: Only if you're using Home Basic edition.
It has a physical limit of 8Gb RAM.

Premium edition bumps that up to 16Gb.
So adding a 1Gb (or higher) graphics card to your machine with already 8Gb won't hurt anything.

Here

While it's not wrong, it's also not entirely true. We're talking about GPU memory whereas Windows limits are only for the system RAM, also I don't know any GPU graphics adapters with more than 12GB on them, most have 1 or 2GB but in the next year or so we'll probably see that rise to 4GB thanks to 4K video gaming and displays starting to appear.

I'm having a similar choppyness issue when editing, my setup has an FX-6300 CPU (6 core @ 3.5Ghz), 16GB RAM, 260GB SSD SATA3 and a Radeon 6970HD with 2GB GDDR5 memory on it on THREE monitors. The card has five outputs, one of which is normally used for gaming and video playback on an HDTV, although that's not on when I edit video.

The video card should be more than adequate as per specs it handles over 170Gb/s and still allows me to play all the newest video games on the market, I expected to have no lag issues from it. It's still in the top 10 (seventh at last check) GPUs according to Tom's Hardware.

Specs here:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6970/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6970-overview.aspx#2

However I get unworkable lags when using the multi screen setup and when I limit myself to even one single HD monitor (1080/1990) the editing is still hard to work with, giving me too much lag when I compare to some of the videos I've seen on tutorials from youtube.

Clicking to select a clip for example lags anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds before the clip is selected and available to edit, zooming in or out on the timeline is like pulling teeth and syncronizing external audio, for example when using an external microphone to record the sound or better, to sync music to a lipdub (or music video) manually is near impossible.

I've tried copying all the video clips on the SSD drive but it makes no difference, my clips are usually 720p and up, mp4 format as saved natively with a Logitech c920 camera and/or video captures from bandicam (like fraps) that are also 720p and up.

Am I missing something? The PC otherwise runs very well, I use Acoustica Mixcraft 6.1 Pro Studio on a daily basis and that works flawlessly even when using huge lossless audio files from external USB drives on multichannel setups with sometimes a dozen different stereo tracks + plug-ins, VSTis etc.

Thanks in advance.
Go to: