Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Babdi,

We must have a similar thinking process! I thought of that approach too and did just that last week. Works fine and no issues so far.

Thanks for taking the trouble to examine this problem.

Cheers,
Boris
Babdi

I have checked as suggested. It is in the default as per install and runs fine as is.

If I turn on “Run XP compatibility mode” then would I not defeat the potential to take advantage of any 64-bit routines in PowerDirector?

This does not answer my question which is “if a program is installed in the 32-bit folder, if it has some 64-bt coding, will it use the appropriate 64-bit OS routines..."

Cheers,

Boris
Thanks Babdi, I will check this.

Boris
You are right... 2429a is it - my senior moment.

What you are telling me is - - even if a program is installed in the 32-bit folder, if it has some 64-bt coding, that subroutine will use the appropriate OS routines...

That seems to defeat the whole idea of isolating the two systems?

Cheers,
Boris
I just installed my PowerDirector 7 and updated with patch .2227a - why did it install in the Program Files(x86) directory, which is 32-bit, rather than the 64-bit directory??

There is an empty Cyberlink folder in the 64-bit directory but all the actual install is in the 32-bit directory. Does that mean that PoweDirector is operating in the 32-bit mode only?

This install is on a new x64 desktop as follows:
- Mobo Intel DP35DP
- Intel core 2 Duo E8400/45nm
- nVidia GEforce 9800 GT
- 4 GB ram
- Windows XP Pro x64 Bit Edition

Thanks for any enlightment.

Boris
OK Brian,

I was pretty sure that it could input the mpeg1 and mpeg2 formats but could not find any reference to VOB. I was concerned that I would have to do a conversion first from VOB to mpg.

Thanks,
Boris
I am unable to find out if PowerDirector can read a VOB file for editing.

Problem:
I transfered old Hi8 tapes on to my dvd recorder which produced the standard type DVD made of VOB files (source tapes no longer available).

Now I want to do some editing to the footage. Can PowerDirector read the VOB file off the DVD and place it on a time line?

If it can't read them, what other choices are available to me?

Thanks for your help,
Boris
Go to: