Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I imported a bunch of custom presets I created in PhD5 into my new PhD8.

They work great, except that each 2nd time that I click on one of these presets, I will get a warning message that " Adjustments in this photo were made with a previous version of PhotoDirector ......if you make further adjustments the results may differ"

I tried to export and re-import, biut that does not fix it.

Needless to say that browsing through these custom presets is annoying due to the constant warnings popping up.....

Thanks ahead for a word of wisdom

hb
Thanks Pix,

I boldly re-arranged the default presets and folders and that did the trick!

I would caution others from doing the same as it may cause issues down the road, but for now all is good.

hb
I upgraded from PD5 to PD8. Not much difference, at least not oin the functions I use.

However, in PhD5 all adjustment presets in "Default Presets" were listed at once. This allowed me a quick "mouse-over" to check for a matching preset for a picture via the small pre-view window.

In PD8 the "Default Presets" are grouped in "sub-folders". And it appears that you can only have one sub-folder open at a time. I no longer can do the quick "mouse-overs" over ALL effects, but now I have to use clicks to list a desired group of effects. Opening one group will close down the prior group. This is extremly annoying to me.

Is there a way to have all presets listed at once?

---------

One more thing which has been bugging me since PhD5: To apply an effect, you always have to click on it. Annoying !

I would really like to see an option "to scroll the presets with the up/down arrow keyboard keys". CPU power is plenty these days and it takes a fraction of a second to apply an effect. For example, preset "B&W Platinum" is active. Hit the down arrow on keyboard will activate "B&W - Warm"

-------------------

To sum it up:

1.) In PhD8 make it so that more than one "preset folder" can be opened at a time

2.) Implement keyboard scrolling for presets

Thanks

hb
Thanks for your answer!

>>>>The pds files are simply roadmaps that point to resources such as images, transitions used, music, etc.

That's what I saw. Just "text files" which describe what clips to use, where to start/stop, what transitions/effects with what parameters etc. This applies to both, the mobile *.pdrprj and the desktop *.pds files)

So there is NO reason that the "control language" used to control transitions and clips etc, would be different between desktop and mobile versions. (Except that that the mobile intruction set would be smaller due to its limited functionalities vs desktop version). BTW, it looks like a lot of the effects and transitions on mobile and desktop are the same.

>>>>such, if you move anything, you have to search to
find what is missing. On a computer, this is time consuming and
somethins difficult.

Disagree. If you have control of your video files (raw clips) it would be easy to point the (PC) program to the (new) correct directory on the PC.

>>>>If you really need to edit the projects, output
the projects to a video format, move the video to your coputer and then
do editing on the desktop version.

The output of the mobile is only 720p , and I want 1080 to start with ........ (raw clips are 1080 as well).

Starting over from scratch is possible, but a PIA
I wonder if there is a way to import projects from mobile PD (*.pdrprj files) to the a desktop version of PD (*.pds files) .

I have some mobile projects which I like to beef up on the desktop, without having to start from scratch......
>>>>>
For the clips where the editing options don't appear, try unlinking the video & audio (right click option). When you select the video portion only, do the editing tool buttons re-appear? >>>>

That just did the trick for me ......

Followed instructions to the dot.

Same issue, the only response I get from my PhD5 is "Unable to get mobile app"

BTW: I downloaded PhD7 trial, there the download link works , but of course its not a registered version
Thanks Pix,

I downloaded from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.photodirector

But there is no way to register the App, short of buying it ?!?
I bought CyberLink Director Suite 3 quite a while ago, but never was able to download the mobile PhotoDirector app.

I tried it again today, but of course it still doesn't work. In PhD5 I move mouse on the "APP" icon in upper right corner, a tooltip then says "Get free app". When clicking, it always says "Unable to get mobile app"

Please advise , thanks ahead.
Thanks all for for the clarification.

Bought the GTX760 2 years ago, thinking it would greatly help with PD12, but unfortunately that did not work out. In addition to that I also experienced various PD12 bugs rendering not too complicated projects useless. That taught me to keep projects simple, but then what's the point of having a powerful editor?

Over the last few years, plenty of people spent good money on video cards in hopes to get decent hardware acceleration. Too add insult to injury, countless hours were spent by many to get HA to work, just to find out that it does not deliver.

CL should issue clear recommendations what works for HA and what doesn't.That still does not happen to this day. Currently PD14 touts HA, yet again fails to spec what works and what doesn't Pretty sad.

Some of the touted new features in PD14 can easily be done in PD12 as well.

Somewhat disenchanted with CL, I'll hold off with upgrading to PD14 for now. Certainly I would not recommend PDx to anyone at this point.
Thanks for testing this PIX.

Too bad about PhD7 having the same issues. Was just getting ready to install PhD7 trial. Not waiting around for a CL patch either...... off to try Lightroom.

Running 4770 CPU, Win8.1,

Will HA work with a GeForce 760?

Especially looking at rendering H265.

GTX760, GTX 760
I have the same issue (pink tint) with raw images from a Panasonic Lumix G7 (called G70 in Europe).

Running PHD5 build 6312.

Thanks for reporting to R&D

>>>The fairly obvious ways around it are to (a) transfer files to HDD prior to import or (b) pack the project, including all assets.

I already had started editing, with the pics located on the USB-drive. (that was while still traveling).

Any tips/links for strategies to keep all pics in central storage, but allow flexible edit, like same projects from 2 PCs ? (both using PhD5)

Thanks for confirming this PIX.
So I guess we have a real software bug here:

"All files, imported from USB-drives, cannot be (relocated once the USB drive is disconnected"

To reproduce this bug do the following :

1.) Put test images on USB drive

2.) Import test images from USB drive into new test project

3.) Close/save the test project and Remove USB drve

4.) Re-open test project with USB drive still removed. Click on project picture, it will say that file is missing.

5.) Press "Missing file icon" .

At this point a window should pop up allowing the user to locate the missing file. Alas nothing will happen if that missing file was located on a USB drive.

Thanks PIX

PIX wrote >>>>>After (deliberately) transferring photos to an external drive, then removing them from my hard drive where they were originally imported, I clicked the missing file icon and navigated to the new drive location. .....
>>>>

Let me explain my problem again: When I clicked the missing file icon NOTHING happens. In other words, no window opens up and thus I cannot browse to any new file location.

Your screenshot shows a window " Locate the missing photo" . But I never see that window when clicking on missing file icon.....

Maybe you can retest with a USB drive:

1.) Put test images on USB drive

2.) Import test images from USB drive into new test project

3.) Close/save the test project and Remove USB drve

4.) Re-open test project with USB drive still removed

5.) Press "Missing file icon" and see if you get any reaction
>>Is it a network drive or a NAS (local)?

Networked drive, mapped as local drive.

Regardless, the "LOCATE" feature in PhD5 (for missing files) does not work (see screenshot I supplied in first message, the locate icon is shown, but does not work when I click on it).

The question remains: How do I relocate image files in a project to a different folder or drive, and still have the project work?
Thanks Stevek

In order to get it to work again I did following:

I copied the "missing files" from their new location (on network drive) to a USB drive, which I then plugged into my PhD5 box.

PhD5 still did not find the images.

I then saw that (in PhD5) that the original location of the "missing files" was : I:\SomeDirectory\

I created that directory and put the missing files into it. (The USB drive letter was already shown as I: )

After that PhD5 found the missing files.

But, here is the thing: I don't wan't the files on the USB drive, I wan't them in my network drive.

The "LOCATE" feature in PhD5 (for missing files) does not work (see screenshot I supplied in first message, the locate icon is shown, but does not work when I click on it).

So how do I relocate files in a project to a different folder or drive, and still have the project work?
I had the missing photos on a USB drive, which is no longer available. Instead, the missing photos are now located on some other drive.

PhD5 shows a dialog box to locate the missing photo. But if I press the "locate icon" nothing happens.

So how can I point PhD to the new location of the photos?

:

Found the solution:

1.) Add a title template (with static text, in desired font size) onto a new track
2.) Double click a title clip on new track - the TITLE designer opens
3.) Edit the title (text) and drag the title to the tile where it is needed -- press save

4.) Repeat step 1,2,3 until done

Go to: