Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi tommyngo -

Unfortunately, you can't apply random effects to everything in the timeline with one click. I can't actually think of a reason to do that, but that's beside the point.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, ynotfish, for the tips . The reason I am looking for this option is a matter of efficiency . Imagine you are working on a DVD Slideshow project involving 500 pics and video clips and having to add video effects for each item on the time line !!

My approach would be to assign "random video effects " to every item on the timeline first then use the option "modify" to change video effects on any particular item later on . As you know, among the 500 items on the timeline only a limited number of items would need some particular video effects added on .

If I could not assign "random video effects" to the whole timeline as you indicated then PowerDVD 15 is , indeed, missing some thing here .... That must be the very first option they should offer for efficiency sake .

Before, I used the software "MemoriesToTV" to make DVD Slideshows and enjoyed the option of adding a selected set of "random video effects" to every items on the timeline . Unfortunately, I lost track of this software ...It might change name or stop further development

Again, thanks for you kind help .

Best regards,

Tommy
Quote Did you try it? It says video but also works for pics. If you looked at the previously included pic closely you will see the applied transitions on several of the PD stock jpg files.

Jeff

I tried your suggestion but it turned out to be about the "transition effects" between videos . I would like to aplly random "video effecs" on photos , not "transition effects" between photos ! Sorry for the confusion in my statement of the problem . Thanks again for your kind help .
Quote Several approaches, maybe the one in the pic will work for you.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff , for your super-quick rescue ! Your enclosed pic appears to work for videos only . I still could not do the same thing for a series of Photos . Any more guidance is great appreciated .

Best regards,

Tommy
I am a complete novice in using Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 . I just started a project to create a DVD using photos & video clips taken during a recent trip.

I know how to include video effects for individual photos & video clips but it is a very tedious process . Now I just want to assign random video effects for a series of photos or video clips rather than individually. I looked through the user's manual but could not find any solution yet ! frown Please help. Thanks.embarassed
Thanks BarryTheCrab, neil & ynofish for your kind advices. I followed your tips but the situation remained the same : PowerDirector 12 (Trial) apparently did not allow importing downloaded templates from DirectorZone!

The puzzling issue is : a pop-up says the template has been successfully imported after I double-click on a .dzp file ! I saw the .dzp files in my PC but not the template in the PowerDirector working space !!

I wonder if this issue is specific only in Windows 8.1 ? Please comment .

Thanks ynofish for the encouragement : .

I finally DL the trial version of PowerDirector v12 . I tried to DL a few templates from DirectorZone but got the same fate as Jim's i.e. No problem with the DL . When I double-clicked on a .dzp file , it even opened and said the template was successfully incorporated in the program . I checked in the program workspace , I saw all the preloaded templates but not the new one !! .

I guess PowerDirector v12 trial version does not allow inports from DirectorZone ?

I wish someone from Cynerlink could confirm this issue .

Thanks, Jim & Cubby for your kind response and the link . Apparently, PowerDirector 12 trial version will not allow importing templates ( according your experience ) . Thank you for saving me lots of time tinkering in vain ...

Best regards & Best wishes for 2014

I just updated my OS to Windows 8.1 (from Windows 7) and want to try out the PowerDirector v12. My question is : after installing the trial version, can I download templates from the DirectorZone and imporrt them into the program PowerDirector v12 to try-out new features ? Thanks...
Go to: