Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
EVERYONE! JUST LISTEN! Problem is solved below for everyone!

Go to "DESKTOP PROPERIES of your graphics card(s) control panel. You know you are there when you see your computer's native resolution, native refresh rate being displayed. You will also see options to change these.

SOLUTION: Set your desktop's refresh rate to whatever media you are playing to align the TV with your movie/TV show:

Blu Ray: 24Hz ALWAYS. Any blu ray will always be 24Hz
DVD: 30Hz almost always (your resolution will say 1080i instead of 1080p)
TV Shows on DVD: 30Hz but some HD shows now are 60Hz. You will clearly see the judder if your TV show is 60Hz
TV Shows on Blu Ray are always converted to 24Hz playback, so treat them like your Blu ray movies

DONE.

NOTES: Remember that Hertz (Hz), TV refresh rates, and frames per second all correspond to the signal being sent out to and from all of your media devices. This is why it gets so confusing but they are all basically the same. FOR EXAMPLE: If your TV is say 120Hz, this is virtually the same as saying your TV processes 120 frames per second and that it has a 120Hz refresh rate. They all correspond. So if your TV is 60Hz, this means it is capable of displaying a maximum of 60 frames per second, which is 60Hz and is also the refresh rate. They are all the same.

Cyberlink will never be able to get this right because every media is different and they all are different for other countries. America used to use 30Hz interlaced (known as 60i) which was why TV's until recently have all been 60Hz. Now that TV's are 120Hz and higher we can see that the signals are not aligning properly to the television. So line it up yourself like I told you!
Go to: