Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is my first attempt at playing a backup copy of a 4K movie ripped to hard drive via DVDFab. The backup went through as "process successfully completed". I tried to play the file and although it does load, all I get is audio and a black screen. Stranger yet, subtitles appear in white on the black background but still no picture.

I have HDR enabled on the PC and the projector and a quality 4K complaint HDMI ran directly from PC to projector. I also have a GTX 1050 ti video card with resolution set at 3840x2160, and just installed the latest driver. I just installed the latest patch for your software. I also downloaded a free trial of a competitor's software, and the file plays fine with that software. However I truly love the interface of Powerdvd and really want to get this to work. Can someone please help me figure this out?
Quote Hi keithpc2013,

Have you checked here?

Greetings,
Hicham

I do not have anything GeForce. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7000 series, and the drivers are up to date.
I just upgraded from Powerdvd13 to 17. A few of my 3D backup files are .iso, but the vast majority are .miniso (unique to DVD Fab). Both types of files played flawlessly in 2D and 3D in Powerdvd13. However, while 17 will play both types of files in 2D, it greys out the 3D option while playing a .miniso file, and does not do so while playing a .iso file, therefore not allowing me to enjoy 3D content of any .miniso file. I am almost certain I have mirrored my settings to the upgraded version 17. I am wondering if v17 simply does not recognize .miniso files as 3D content? I am really not sure where to go next with this. Besides this flaw I am loving v17, can someone please advise so I do not have to revert back to v13?
Hi all,

I haven't viewed a 3D movie in quite some time, until this past weekend. I tried to watch T5 and although I was able to watch it, it wasn't the best experience.

A little background on my system. I have a whitebox HTPC with an AMD A10-6800K 4.10GHz processor, 8GB ram, a Radeon HD 8670 video card, running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. That runs into an Onkyo TX-NR3010 which runs into a Panasonic PT-AE8000U projector. I have all movies backed up onto hard drive and use Powerdvd 13 to play everything, with the addition of DVDFab Virtual Drive to play the .miniiso files for 3D. I will add that I have selected Powerdvd - Preferences - 3D Display - Display Device - 120Hz Time Seqential 3D LCD.

It seems now when I enable 3D in Powerdvd 13, it drops my resolution to 720p and will not allow me to change it back until I disable 3D. The result is I get a very stuttery and non fluid video, I am assuming because of a mismatched frame rate. I am certain this is a new occurrence, I am wondering if perhaps because of upgrading to Windows 10? Either way this has rendered watching 3D virtually impossible and I need to find a fix ASAP. Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith
Is there any way to create a main folder in my Movie Library that would contain several other folders? In other words, I want to put the approximately 32 (or so, haven't counted them exactly) discs of the Seinfeld complete series into my Movie Library in Powerdvd 13. Is there a way to create one clickable folder in my Movie Library labeled "Seinfeld" and have all the discs as subfolders inside the main folder rather than having 32 Seinfeld discs showing up separately in my Movie Library?
My issue was the motherboard's video driver. Nothing else changed video-wise. My resolution didn't drop like the driver was absent. Even dvd's played, just not blu rays, which to me didn't sound like a driver issue. In the end once I updated to 8.1 drivers Powerdvd works perfectly once again.
I just put together a brand new pc about 3 weeks ago. I was running Windows 8 and Powerdvd 13 Ultra and it worked flawlessly. Yesterday I "upgraded" to Win 8.1 and now blu rays and blu ray files only display a purple screen while the audio works fine. DVD's work as they should.
Go to: