Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Info:
Google - Mountain View, CA (IP 74.125.224.233 through Port 80)
Hurricane Electric (ISP) - Fremont, CA (IP 72.52.84.204 through Port 80)
Digital United, Inc. (ISP) - Taipei, Taiwan (IP 203.73.25.241 through Port 80)
Amazon Technologies - Seattle, WA (IP 54.230.87.209 encrypted through Port 443)
Check for updates
Akamai Technologies, Inc. - Cambridge, MA (IP 23.42.82.110 through Port 80)

What is the issue, the product is inteeded to do that.

OFF - Allow connection when cert is invalid
OFF - Device Tab

Do you know that this has nothing to do with you "privacy report", right?

Rather than a "OMG my privacy issue", this is a bug, since you disabled movie info and the software still get movie info, ignoring the options.

So, as Korrigan said, if that bug bothers you, just disable outgoing connections from PowerDVD on your firewall.
I have Windows 8.1, and Blu Ray playback is working fine, but I did a clean install.

Sometimes when watching movies with external subtitles, the subtitles stops working. I got some weird issues with subtitles and 3d movies (sometimes the subtitles line breaks make half of the subtitle go to one eye, and half to another...).

For that, I'm using media player classic + 3d subtititler, and put the tv in 3d mode side by side.

I have also issues with trutheather surround over hdmi, as stated on another posts.

For blu-ray playback, I have no issues so far.
Still no solution, only evasion on support.

The issue isn't with simulation. The issue is with the feature:

TrueTheater Surround expands 2-channel content to up to 8 channels to create an enhanced surround-sound experience.

That don't Works with hdmi, only with analog output. On the attached image, with 6 channels (analog), the feature Works fine. With HDMI it doesn't work as adverstised.

Check the features page again: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html

Where you can read clear as water:
"TrueTheater Surround expands 2-channel content to up to 8 channels to create an enhanced surround-sound experience."

I want this expansion to Work with HDMI also, as adverstised.
It has dolby pro logic also. I'll give yours winamp setup a try. But the bug still needs to be solved.
Thanks korrigan, I already do that. The receiver has that feature, but I need to manually set the output to 2.0.

This is the current workaround:

When I play music, I need to switch the sepaker mode on the control panel to 2.0 and the AV receiver uses DTS: Neo 6.0 to improve the audio.
Then when I play movies, I need to switch back to 5.1 to get the DTS audio from the movie.

This is annoyng, and I don't want to do that all the time. I want the software I bougth to work as advertised.
So the $120 product it is useless with hdmi?

It is a bug.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html
TrueTheater Surround - Expand stereo output for home theater-style surround sound

On the product page, where I bought, don't state that it only works on the analog output. Maybe I should ask for a refund because you didn't provided the product as advertised?

And I opened a ticket with the same info as there, and the response was:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with the Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD 13 software.

with the Blu-ray playback

Are you joking me? I wasn't clear? I use it mainly to make my 2.0 music play enhanced to 5.1.

music, not blu ray playback. I have the retail product since version 12, and the customer support dont even read what I wrote?
I made a support ticket right now.

TechNet and MSDN subscribers have early access to everything.

When I use the analog jacks (5.1 headphone) TrueTheather is available.
Hi,

I used TrueTheather audio a lot on my PC analog outputs... but now I moved to my living room using a Blu-Ray player and HDMI, and now the option is grayed out for HDMI. And is grayed out for SPDIF also (I thought about buying a cable)

I use it mainly to make my 2.0 music play enhanced to 5.1.

PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD SR Number DVD130313-16 (DVD130313-10)
PowerDVD TR Number TR 130729-004
Operating System Windows 8.1 64 bits
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? retail
Used VGA NV 580 GTX
Used VGA driver version 327.23
Used Audio device NV HDMI
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS HDMI
Used ODD drive N/A
Used Display(s) Samsung UN46D8000
What kind of display connection HDMI
What Display refresh rate do you use while Playback N/A
Are you using single or dual monitor environment Single tv
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using Norton Internet Security
Which Internet Browser Software is installed IE 11
Do you use virtual ODD no
Did you try with AERO N/A
Do you use Hardware acceleration/Software Decoding or TrueTheater Effects? Tryied all options, I use hw.

Go to: