Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you read the heading this topic it is about H.264 Hardware Acceleration!

Yes the deluxe has H.264 codec as standard as I mentioned earlier.

torbenp was after H.264 hardware acceleration to get that he/she needs PureVideo.

Do you need hardware acceleration to watch H.264 no, but

Is it worth it? If you have a compatible graphics card download it and try it for 30 days free and judge for yourself.

I'd download the latest driver for your graphics card and make sure you have DirectX 9.0c as well.

I was able to play mpeg4/H.264 with PowerDVD 7 Deluxe with hardware aceleration without any problems on my AMD 3200+. I then installed PureVideo and played mpeg4 again, CPU usage wasn't any different when I used nVidia PureVideo decoder, may be slightly less usage.

Do you need to shell out additional $$$ for PureVideo if you already have Powerdvd7 deluxe, I would say no.
OK you've got Nvidia GeForce 6600 graphics card.Now you need the Nvidia PureVideo decoder if you want H264 hardware acceleration!

This does not make sense. Why would you need the PureVideo codec when you've already bought PowerDVD 7 deluxe ??
Go to: