Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I do not know if it is the same problem, but I have recently been having trouble with PD actually changing the frame at which I split, or even adding back in the frames that I removed. It just started and I think it may be related to the type of video I am trying to edit. I have not found a solution to that, yet. I do understand exactly what you are saying, though.

That does sound similar to my issues. Does your preview window accurately reflect the location of the cursor on your editing timeline? I've noticed that my preview window image lags about two frames behind my timeline.
Quote: You can get greater resolution of the video on the timeline by expanding the timeline. You can drag the time marks to the right to get finer control of the split point.

You can also expand the timeline with the slider at the bottom left of the user interface.

You can expand the timeline to the frame level, where each time mark is one frame.

Paste from the Powerdirector help
Timeline Ruler

You can resize the timeline ruler for a more expanded or condensed view of your production. To resize the ruler, click on the ruler and drag it left or right.

Expanding the ruler is especially handy when aligning clips and effects, while condensing it gives you a global overview of your entire production.

You can also right-click on the timeline ruler and select View Entire Movie to auto fit your current project in the timeline area. Or select Zoom In or Zoom Out to change the view to your required size.

Use the timeline ruler slider located in the bottom left corner to manually resize the timeline.

Hi Carl,

Thanks a bundle for taking the time to reply - it's GREATLY appreciated. Anyway, I took your suggestions to heart and I'm definitely having a much easier time editing. I'm still getting the odd residual frame flash, but it's gone from having that problem with nearly every cut to just having it here and there. I'm currently using the highest zoom level to maximize my resolution, and I'll admit it is a bit disheartening to still be having this issue- albeit far less frequently. I've noticed that the preview window tends to consistently be about two frames behind the editing workspace timeline. If the preview window accurately showed where you are in the video this would all be a non-issue, since I could make my cuts simply by looking at the preview window. Frankly, I don't even understand the purpose of having a preview window in the first place if it can't be used to preform precise editing. Overall, I think it's a solid program, it just seems strange to me that such a basic flaw would pass quality control. Then again maybe preview window/editing timeline desynchronization is unique to my particular system. Anyway, thanks again for your very helpful response.
Hi,

I recently purchased power director 11 and for the most part I like the program. Unfortunately, however, I've been running into a rather frustrating problem when doing basic splitting and splicing. After splicing clips together and rendering a movie, I'm left with quick flashes of "parasitic" frames that remain between spliced segments. For example: say I have a piece of video footage showing a train followed by a piece of footage of a car, and then again another piece of footage of a train. Now say I want to edit out the car footage so the video only displays the train footage. I use the single frame progression buttons to carefully make my splits, delete the footage of the car, and finally render the amended footage. However, upon viewing the footage I can clearly see a quick flash of the car footage between the spliced footage of the train. I've remedied this problem to some extent by going back and deleting a number of frames on either side of the two book end clips, however to prevent any residual frame flash I often have to delete several seconds of footage - footage I'd really rather keep. I've experienced this problem on nearly every piece of footage I've tried editing. If the preview window simply displayed with accuracy the actual point in the clip where the display bar is this wouldn't be an issue, but clearly there's a miss match between the two. Anyway, any feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Go to: