Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you for your help... But this problem has been moved to another topic. By the way, this issue has been fixed in the latest build: 2911.
Best Regards
I can't imagine that people who have the same problem have the same hardware issue (especially the ATA cable)...
I have tried on 2 drives: one in ATA and one in SATA. And, the problem does not appear with all discs...
It does that problem whatever the driver I have...
Nice try...
Unfortunatly, the issue stil exists even with this new build.
It seems that this problem occurs after 7 minutes of play, it doesn't matter if you don't play the movie from the start...

Pascal
INCREDIBLE tests: PowerDVD (tested with the latest patch too, v7.3.2723), stops responding after about 7 to 10 minutes on : DVD, HD-DVD and AUDIO CDs (yes !!!). How could I believe that ?!

PLEASE, Cyberlink, fix that!!
Tested on Vista 32bits
Hi,
I have the same problem. Most of the times, it hangs in the firsts 10 minutes, with the log you pasted. IF you don't touch anyting, it will continue about one minute after (of course, it continues as if the software had no problems, so you have lost this minute of video), and no more hangs until the end of the movie.

For me, this happens for versions from 7.0 to 7.3, on both DVDs and HD-DVDs. It happened on WinXP, too...

@JJ : this patch is for non-Ultra versions, as described in the page you linked.

Cyberlink, can you help us, PLEASE?

Pascal
Hi everyone

PowerDVD hangs from version 7.0 to 7.3, on XP and Vista, while playing DVDs or HD DVDs. DVD drivers is clean, fully reinstalled my system, changed all hardware... and still the same problem!!
Did anyone got that problem? And have you been able to fix it?
It seems that that problem appear on some (HD- )DVDs, not all.
The picture and sound freeze, and if you wait for about 30 seconds, it continues playing, but not well (sound is OK but not picture, which does not move). But, if you don't wait, the program closes itself...

Of course, all my drivers are up-to-date. Configuration is: Core2Duo, ATI X1900, Audigy2 with SPDIF output to an external Dolby decoder.

Please... help.
Pascal
Go to: