Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As a PS to my post re Controls:

I also have a few Disks that insist on setting Subtitles ON as default in PowerDVD13.
No other player I have does this, these are DVD Disks, an example is the Movies "Phantoms" UK Region 2
I can manually switch the Subtitles OFF but is annoying.
I have noticed that there are some major differences within PDVD13 when playing a Blu Ray Disk compared to playing a DVD.

I can control the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation via the ATI Graphics controls when playing a DVD, HOWEVER, I cannot do this when playing a Blu Ray Disk.

I have also tried PDVD13 on an Acer PC, this has a very different graphics unit but has the same results.

I also cannot change from the "Enable hardware acceleration decoding wherever possible" option, all options here are greyed out when playing a Blu Ray. This happens on both PC's.

Are there any on board controls for Brightness/Contrast/Saturation.

If not, could that be included.
Hi

Yes I did update the driver, but had problems so went back to original.

NOW I have some intersting things I have found.

My Laptop (like most) can only refresh screen at 60Hz

If I connect the Laptop to a Panasonic TV and maually set the graphics card on the Laptop to 24Hz the the playback of BD is ok, i.e. not low bit colour as the original fault was. (My card cannot do 23.976Hz thats why 24Hz) I do in fact have some 24Hz BD's

However, is PowerDVD supposed to auto set the refresh rate of the screen (obviously im only talking of the external screen).

Where are the settings for auto refresh within PowerDVD.

Thanks
Thanks ROTR

So glad I dont have these problems with TMT 5/6.

Think you know what I think of Cyberlink.
I have attached the latest file
Well I think youve probably hit the nail right on the head, it most probably is the Graphics card.

The test program that produces the log says all is ok but sure is not.

The support from Cyberlink is the worst ive come across in a few years. No help at all.

Thanks for everything.
Yes it is a few years old now, and although it runs TMT5 and 6 it may not be good enough for PowerDVD.

The s/w that came with the PC for Blu Ray is WinDVD.

The PC is a laptop and 2.66GHz clock

What PC do you use for this player, or should I say recommended.

Thanks for trying to help to all that have replied.
I dont understand, what do you mean "Igive up"
This isnt some kind of battle.
I have sent the log as requested, it gives the whole system info.I really dont know what else to do.

If you need something from me, i.e. more info then ask specifically, what do you need.

The PC is a Sony Vaio, VGN FW31ZJ
The full info is in the log.
Right well ive determined what is happening, although that does not help me.

If I open a Blu Ray m2ts file, all is ok. If I open a BD folder, or a BD disk then thats when I get the problem.

The difference is:

with m2ts file, the pkayer does NOT change windows colour settings and so all is ok

Opening a disk or BD folder then the payer puts windows in basic colour mode, that is when I have the problem.

Changing the Areo setting in the player (i.e. Aero disable/enable) make no difference.
Below is the help message I sent to Support, dont think they want to know.

My PC is a Sony Vaio and is a Blu Ray player, It has been playing Blu Ray absolutley fine.
TMT5 works great, TMT6 works great and the supplied player with the Vaio (WinDVD) plays blu ray fine.

The ONLY problem I have is with your Player.

I have attached the screen shot, it is an image of the Paramount logo. I think you will see my problem with PowerDVD.

Message to Support ends ****************************

Is there anybody that can help with this.

Hi

No not resolved, I Have asked for help from Support, no luck.

I think Ive managed to attach a picture of the problem here.

The image is the Paramaount logo.
I have just purchased PowerDVD (download) and paid.

DVD plays fine, Blu Ray is like a coliderscope of colur, looks like 8 bit colour, but desktop is fine, i.e. still kooks correct.

TMT and WinDVD play blu ray fine.

I have a screen shot (taken by camera LOL) but dont know how to attach here.

Can anybody help.

Tried Cyberlink help, what a complete waste of time, its like talking to a computer.

Very very annoyed and dissapointed with Cyberlink.

Its not exactly cheap. Customer services is disgusting.
Go to: