Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't know anyone who is editing a video needs the stop button to take you back to the beginning, unless you are finished and want to view the entire 2 hour video.

If you need to go back to the beginning then you are viewing the final project and no longer editing.
Quote: Has nobody in this forum heard of Pause?

If you do not want your cursor to jump back to the beginning, click the Play button in the player or press the space bar on the Keyboard. Click Play, pauses the video if already playing, click Play will start from the pause position. (Play is a Toggle). Play, Pause Play, Pause and so on.

In Clip Mode, Stop jumps to the beginning of the clip.
In Movie Mode, Stop jumps to the beginning of the Movie (timeline).

The Marker is good for marking a spot in the video.

No, I don't think we have heard of the Pause. What does that do again?

Neither the Pause or Play takes you back to your editing location. Obviously you have not worked in super zoom mode looking into every millisecond for high detailed editing. STOP should always take you back to your starting location, so you can easily replay your current editing position over and over again. This saves a ton of time.

Try zooming into the milliseconds, play 10 second and you already 25 pages away from where you started. Now being zoomed in that closely, see how easy it is to replay the location you started again and again. A little slip of the mouse will moves you hundreds of pages away. Now if you mistakenly click stop from movie or clip mode (forgettaboutit), you need to zoom all the way out, find the estimated location, zoom back in and find your starting point again.

When you decide to do more professional detailed editing with long timelines, let me know how that pause and scroll back option is working for you.
After playing around with the markers more, I've found that Shift+Left Arrow or Shift+Right Arrow moves you quickly from 1 marker to the next.

If I only have 1 marker, I can use that as my current editing point and slide it over as I work my way down the timeline.

I have right and left arrow already reassigned to prev or next (frame, second, minute, etc) seek. So this make it easier to jump markers since I only need to press shift.

I've reassigned shift to control for more ergonomic 1 handed navigation.

Now I'm happy!
Thanks!!!

This helps a lot!

This didn't bother my as much before until my projects started getting longer and more intricate. Someday they will fix the stop button, until then, we need to put in the extra effort with multi-clicking workarounds.

I'll still open tickets on this issue.
Wow people been asking for this change since version 3! Unbelievable!

ROBAC Thanks for the link.

Yes, I use the Seek to precisely move from 1 frame to the next using reconfigured arrow hot keys.

I wish it would let you make a mark and use a key to go directly to that mark or next mark (like seek). Unfortunately they do not move with the timeline if you delete anything. (that needs fixing also)

Is there a way to use markers to jump back so I can play from the same point over and over? That way I can mark where I was working and not have to zoom all the way out and find the place where the marker is located.

YNOTFISH Thanks for the tip on typing in the time to go to an approximation.
How many times do you really need to start back from the very beginning after you start editing?

Once I'm finished editing the beginning of the video, I never need to go back to the beginning. I keep working and moving along the timeline.

As far as the stop button goes, its useless and I'd rather have that button removed. So I don't accidentally press it.
Sorry that doesn't help. Pause does not bring you back to the location you were previously viewing.

Sorry for my ignorance but you guys are so use to doing it the CyberLink way that it doesn't bother you.

Example: I have zoomed into the timeline editing .5 second photos flashes or fine tuning music mixing. Want to play over the section that I'm working on. Because I'm a perfectionist, I'm zoomed a lot. Playing a few seconds turns the page and does not fit on 1 screen. I would need to PAUSE then SCROLL timeline back, locate the beginning of were I was working, approximate and click the location of the beginning (because they are .2 to .5 seconds), then finally press play. Now try doing that a dozen times when it only takes 1 STOP button to perform all those tasks.

After several attempts with the CyberLink help desk, they are not budging. (Response: it works as intended)
I need the community support for a change.

There is no need for me to go back to the very beginning every time I press stop. I've wasted so much time trying to find the clip I was viewing/editing in a 2 hour+ timeline. Stop should always go back to the location I first started playing the video.

All my other editors (Sony Vegas, FCP, music editors, Corel Video Studio, Ulead Video Studio & etc) work this way. Why can't they change this to make it easier. When I'm mixing music, I need to replay the same section dozens of times.

Note: I do know that when you are editing in clip mode, stop will go back to the beginning of the clip. But, it will not play the continuous to the next clip unless you switch back to movie mode. So this change will eliminate the next to switch to clip mode.

It's so frustrating that I want to uninstall this otherwise nice editor.
Go to: