Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dear sirs,

I am disappointed because I have a very fast workstation and Power Director 17 does not exploit all the capabilities of the computer like the other editing software. When I run the program for rendering of 4K video, it uses 30% of the CPU and 10% of the GPU.
The photo below is from a rendering today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u4xkga0f9mfu4l/Power%20Director.jpg?dl=0
Dear Sirs,

I have made all the necessary settings proposed above and I tried to edit a 4K clip with the new Power Director 17. The process was very slow. With the new keys now to change the opacity using ctrl key and the keyframes the whole process was horroble. It was very slow and when I was trying to change the opacity I tried it two and more times because the keyframe was dissapearing.

There was not synchronisation between the sound and the picture and this problem created a lot of troubles because it was very difficult to put the right frame in the right sound.

I have been disappointed with the new editor. I was so happy with the HD editing but with the 4K there is a long way to cover to have a reliable editor.

Yours
Thank you very much for your kind help.

Indeed when the shadow file was created the things were better. But the Power Directore needs a lot of time to create the shadow file. When the PD was creating the shadow file it was using only 16% of the resources of the workstation.

I have the same problem with the rendering. There is no fully exploitation of the resources available from the hardware. Only 56% of the available coputational power is being used.

How can I remedy this?
Thank you very much agan.
Dear friends,

I have a very powerful and expensive computer/workstation HP Z840 with an INVIDIA P5000 and the files are in one very fast SSD drive Rate0 (two parallel drives).

Ufortunately it is not possible to edit 4K videos with your program because the video appears at the preview screen in slow motion. I don't have any problem with the same computer to edit clips with Adobe Premiere with which I can preview and manipulate any 4K clip. I installed the new POWERDIRECTOR 17 but the problem continues to be the same.

Are there any special system settings which are applicable in order to work properly?
Dear Friends,

With the new version of Power Director 14, when I apply the video denoise version in the Power tools, if the film has a long duration (more than 2-3 hours) the picture with sound are not synchronise in the new produced film.

This phenomenon is more intensive and the time diferrence could be more than 2 seconds when the raw material is HD.

I am very disapointed for this because I am not able to predict this disorder.

Yours

Christodoulos Protopapas
I downloaded Powerdirector 11 Ultra again. I entered the KEY and after that it was impossible to load Power Director 11.

The reels in the machine are starting moving for some seconds. Then they stopped and it was impossible to load Power Director. I spent until now more than 150 euros for the purchase of this software but it doesn't work.

I cannot believe it.

What can I do?
Go to: