Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rodriguez, I'm pretty sure the PiP track does not have audio. Would be nice to have that option. Maybe a future version of PowerDirector will have an additional track for PiP.

I've been trying to get the fade in/fade out to work for the PiP track. No luck on my PC.
I'm trying to burn a video with problems like others. Although it is a large file, it's now on two hours and only at 31%. I've stopped all other programs running in the background and I have a defragged hard drive.

I want to use and like PowerDirector but it seems like there are too many drawbacks with Version 5.

I submitted a question to Cyberlink and received their answer yesterday. It was completely useless and didn't even relate to my question/problem.

I kinda wish I would have waited before upgrading to version 5. CompUSA has Adobe Photoshop Elements/Premier Elements bundle for $79, which is about what I paid for the upgrade.

I've been a PowerDirector user since version 3. It's improved since then but not sure how much I like it anymore. Think I might have to go back to version 4.

Oh well, enough venting...
I've added Picture in Picture (PiP) clips to my production. They display properly when I preview the movie.

When I want to modify them by checking the Fade in and Fade out in the PIP Designer window, and then preview the movie, the PiP track takes forever before the transparency goes to full resolution. For a 2 minute clip, it took 40 seconds before the fade in went away.

Seems like it should only take a few seconds, or better yet, you should be able to pick the amount of time it takes, like you can with transitions.

Am I missing something or any ideas?
Go to: