Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been using Power irector 11 on a Vista 64 System and have had nothing but problems; I am running an i7 with 18 Megs ram, an Intel 520 series SSD and a Radeon 7800. I have attempted many projects and have only been able to finish one a slide show. During movie editing or producing it will always crash. I have an upgrade to Win 7 64, but Vista 64 is more secure and I have a friend with a similar hardware configuration running Win 7 64 with similar issues so it is obviously not an operating system problem. I have never seen such buggy software and all my drivers are up to date. I purchased PowerDirector Ultimate because they claim it is a 64 bit system and I have regretted the purchase since. I am currently looking for good and reliable video editing software at a reasonable price. I have Pinnacle and works well but it is not written for a 64 bit operating system and is slower, but at least it does not crash. Perhaps if PowerDirector paid more attention to writing software that works instead of trying to always sell an upgrade, they may end up with a good product sometime in the future.
Go to: