Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi
I have exactly the same problem: I just bought a Samsung SE-506 external bluray writer as a gift for my brother-in-law to use with his newish PC with Windows 7 64bit.
Everything installed ok, we can see the new drive in windows explore as well as the internal DVD writer.
We installed the bundled CyberLink Media Suite - all of the programs that can write to disks show both CD and DVD options but NONE of them show any Blu Ray writing capability!
I took the DVD home and installed it onto my own Win7 PC (I have an internal LG blu ray writer) - EVERY program shows all possible formats, including Blu Ray!
So for example if I run Power2Go (version 7.0.0.1906) then select "Data Disc" then on my computer it shows CD, DVD and Blu-ray disc, but on his it only shows CD and DVD, no Blu-ray option.

So we know the programs can work as expected, but am very confused as to why they don't work on his PC.
He has been using a dvd slideshow creation program called DVD Photo Slideshow Professional for a few years and he wanted to upgrade to write HD blu rays instead of DVDs, hence the purchase.
But now when using this program if he selects the blu ray drive then all of the disk writing options are greyed out, if he selects the DVD drive or the Blu Ray drive but a DVD disk then he can write stuff.
So somewhere something thinks that the drive is only a DVD drive, not a blu ray.
Any ideas pelase?

Thanks
Chris
Go to: