Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I use PD9 about once a year to make a compilation of the previous year's family videos. This year, I start up PD and find that the software is essentially unusable unless I roll back my video card driver.

I can do that that and I can even spend time turning off auto-update and such. But unlike seemingly most other users in this thread, I am not very enthuthiastic about doing so. Believe or not, I use my pc for other things than Powerdirector - e.g. gaming where using year-old drivers is not desirable.

Right now I feel ripped off. I spend 100$ on a piece of software only 2 years ago which is much more than I normally would spend an application like this where there are many free alternatives. Now it's unusable unless I spend time messing around with my system, rollback, supressing updates and shit.

As for, "just upgrade to 11" the upgrade path is IMO horrifically expensive for what seems like an incremental upgrade feature-wise and performance enhancements.

I work on software myself - I know that supporting previous versions is cold hard ROI analysis. But speaking for myself, by leaving PD9 users out in the cold for such a critical problem you have definitely failed to retain me as a customer.
Go to: