Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok I just recorded a screencast about my work-flow and now I want to export it but I don't seem to be able to set the export to the resolution of my desktop (which is 4:3 1280x960) -.- What the...
Great.
Have to f**** upscale it to 1080p (sorry but crippling my freedom in export pisses me off). How disappointing.

Bear with the blurriness from upscaling. --> http://youtu.be/wa2H8Vs2oqY

I assume it got fixed in any update after build 2110 - even if the update-notes don't specifically mention it (I checked them).
Whatever, now that I know that my possibilities for exporting are crippled to mere (and few) hardware standards - I've no interest in this software anymore.

Have a nice day and thanks for the help in the troubleshooting ^^

cu
Lilly
I can reproduce it 100% that way. It's not my images. Any image that I didn't automatically touch-up shows the timestamp and any image that I used the automatic touch-up does not show it.

I'll try now whether I can actually update a trial to build 2516 and test again.

edit: nope, testversions can't be updated

So then this remains a mystery
I'm so good, I figured out what it causes ^^ Not my pictures.

I did step by step troubleshooting and it's the automatic touch-up. Whenever I used that instead of doing the color correction/tone value correction manually those pics got ignored from the automatic time stamp button.

I'm not sure whether it's intended, since that feature doesn't say so when enabling I guess not, then it's a bug!?

Could you try out on your version if you can replicate my discovery?

Just add 3 pics to your timeline and click on the second and go to 'Correction/Improvements' and tick 'lighting improvement' (the option that's not for red eyes reduction and not for sharpen the image). Since my version is in German I don't know its exact term, I'll add a screenshot: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130309/j5mitp22.jpg

Then click on the first pic and do the timestamp thing applied to all and export and play and my version shows never the timestamp on any pic that got automatically enhanced by this lightning option.
Hi Tony,

thanks for the reply. Then it seems not to be a general problem of the software. What version do you have exactly?
Mine's: PowerDirector Trial 11.0.0.2110

My pictures are unedited - straight from my archive. I did the touch-ups in PD. BTW I posted my project here incl. all pics - so you are free to check yourself.

If there was something wrong with my pictures, then adding the EXIF for each photo wouldn't work either. But it does. It's just the button that is supposed to add the settings to all clips on the timeline that does not do its job here. The first pics it works, then it stops and works here and then later on. It was always the same pics it skipped.

Lilly
Apparently it works when I enable the EXIF timestamp option for every picture manually. Very, very tedious - but then it shows date and time for all images.

Seems the automatic thing (to apply the settings for all pictures in the same timeline) is not working properly.
Hi

I downloaded the testversion of PD11 yesterday (first time using PD but not first time using NLE software in general) and I tried something easy for the start... a photo slideshow.

I figured out that PD allows me to display EXIF date and time in the pictures, I used that - applied it on all images and exported the video but the video misses so many dates and times... like only 30% of the pictures have the d&t displayed.

All pictures were taken with the same camera, all have those EXIF data (I checked within PD). Funny thing is, one pic has the d&t displayed and the next, which was taken like 10 mins later, has not.

Disturbing.

I exported the entire project (hope I actually saved that changes xD), if someone wants to test things out - remember all photos are mine and may only be used for testing. http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/95026347/file.html (92,1 MB)

edit and p.s.: Forgot to post the password for the ZIP file: pd11exif

Regards,
Lilly
Go to: